We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

Which Coron hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Topic
Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

Hi Guys

Can anyone compare the two tours between Coron and El Nido?

We are a family of 4 with two teenage boys.

We understand the differences regarding duration and cost, we are looking for feedback regarding the experiences people have had. We have read the TA reports and both look excellent. Any further personal experiences will be valuable.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,893 posts
1,619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

TAO has numerous good reviews and is a proven performer. Not sure about the other business.

Based on reputation I would choose TAO.

Tommo

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

Don, who runs Abandon Paradise Tours used to work for Tao Expeditions, and they run a very good setup according to what i was told while we was staying in EN 2 weeks ago.

It is also somewhat difficult to recommend one over the other just based on reputation alone, they both seem to have very good reputations, and offer slightly different types of services, so you need to investigate both very well and decide for yourself which is most suited to your own needs, and which fits your budget and time constraints better.

http://cect.webs.com/

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum…

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g1642824-…

https:/…235341263199261

A couple who i met in a resturant one night in EN told me hat they took Tao the previous week, and said the 5 days was a bit too long and drawn out for their liking, and a lot of the things they did was very repetitious, meaning it was a lot of the same things to do each day, and they got a bit bored, but also said they were glad they did the trip for the experience.

Originally when i was planning my family trip to Palawan earlier this year, i intended to book this Tao tour after we did the island hopping tours in EN, but i am so glad now that we discovered an amazingly beautiful place called Thelma & Toby's Island Camping Adventure based at Tandan Beach near Port Barton, and ended up staying there for 5 nights instead.

Cheers....Glen

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

Here's a thread of a very recent JBR of Coron with Abondon Paradise Tours just for added reference:

tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowTopic-g729733-i12570-…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

Cheers , thanks for the input.

@ glen , we have already booked out stay with Thelma & Toby - cant wait.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

@ ukuhamba4

Hi, when are you going to be staying there, Thelma told me in an interview that i did with her that they close on May 31 this year and re-open on November 1 this year, having their regular 5 month close down for the rainy season.

I am hoping to publish my video of the camp during the next week, and i believe it is the only video filmed at the Camp, and Thelma gave me permission to shoot whatever i liked around the Camp, and i will be posting up a comprehensive review of Her camping beach, including a run down about its history.

When you go there, you will, and i mean this, experience the most delightful Lady you can wish to meet, she is tiny, she is beautiful, and loves to talk to her guests, and the camp is the most amazing place that you could imagine to stay at, all for a measly fee of php1,300 (thats only $35au) and you get all meals, snorkling, kayak use, and your tent for the night.

Let me also assure you that you will never go hungry, and the bar is there for all your snacks and drinks, at very cheap prices.

Unfortunately Toby left the day before we arrived to go back to Canada with their daughter, but we have already made plans to return for 1 month in 2 years time, it was so good.

My review will include links to my Video of the camp, and a comprehensive album full of wonderful photos.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

Hi glen,

Our trip is only planned for Dec. We have booked to stay with them for christmas.

Looking forward to your video

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

@ ukuhamba4 .... Hi, you lucky thing, i would love to do a Christmas at the Camp, it would be so awesome, and you will be there at a really good time weather wise, as December thru to March i was told are the best months to be in Palawan, but i will never go there again in April or May like we did this time, basically they have Easter and then 2 weeks later they have a Labor day long weekend and it gets very busy at lots of the tourist destinations, mostly Filipino's going on short vacations.

My trip and Camp reviews will be up within the next week, so keep your eyes open, i have lots of videos of various places to post in my Vimeo channel.

Cheers.

Btw, how long will you be at the Camp for ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

@ glenpinn.....We will also be in the Philippines at a very busy time, Hence we are looking at places like T &T's and Tao Expeditions / Abando Paradise Tours. Our whole trip is 30 days and will be spending 5 nights with T&T.

Do you bump into a lot of other tourists whilst staying with T&T?

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

@ ukuhamba4 ..... While we was there (april 22 to 27) there was an average of 9 guests at the camp each night, with a turnover of 2 each day (2 going and 2 arriving)

The camp now has 7 tents catering for up to 14 persons, and while there we had 3 of us, a young canadion couple for 1 night, another young canadian couple the whole time we was there, a single filipino girl for 3 days, and a filipino girl with her brazillian boyfriend, both have lived in paris for 9 years, but they stayed by themselves, she was a snob, and would not let him spend time with the other guests, even tho he wanted to get into a drinking session with me, but you get people like that sometimes, but the other guests were tremendous, so too was all the people who worked there, and there were lots of them.

It would be great if there was over 10, more people to mingle with, but the generator goes off at 10pm so its either bed, or you sit around the camp fire and just chat if others are willing to do so with you.

When i write my report up, i will cover every aspect of the camp so people know what to look out for.

Cheers

10. Re: Tao Expeditions v's Abandon Paradise Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 01:05