We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Money in Coron

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
186 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Changing Money in Coron

I'll be flying into Manila in the morning and flying out to Coron in the afternoon. Is it easy to change money in Coron or would it be better to exchange it at the airport?

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Coron
Coron
Busuanga Island, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,721 posts
2,114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing Money in Coron

I would change my money in Manila. Coron does have ATMs but cant say I saw any money changers there.

Tommo

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Coron
Coron
Busuanga Island, Philippines
Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
186 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing Money in Coron

Thanks Tommo, I thought that might be the case.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing Money in Coron

I would change the money at Manila airport - the rate was pretty good when I was there. It was actually better at manila airport than at the changers in cebu city.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,226 posts
2,171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing Money in Coron

Manila Airport is your easiest option.

Depending on how long you are in Philippines and hence how much money you need, for longer stays it can be worth a P500 round trip in a white street taxi (hailed from the arrivals level, so you have to engage in nifty footwork at the airport) to visit Edzen or Sheena moneychangers in A. Mabini Street, Ermita (near Robinsons Place shopping centre). The round trip may take more than two hours in heavy traffic, depending from and to which airport terminal you are travelling.

If only in Philippines for a week or so, however, just change money at the airport upon arrival.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Mabini
Mabini
Luzon, Philippines
5. Re: Changing Money in Coron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 05:15