We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days trips from Igoumentisa

Barnoldswick...
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Days trips from Igoumentisa

Does anyone know what half day, full day excursions can be arranged from Igoumenista for a mixture of tastes and levels of activity.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,524 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days trips from Igoumentisa

Are you staying in Igoumenitsa? It really is just a work-a-day transit port to & from the Greek mainland & for ferries to Italy & not a very inviting place to stay IMHO

However - let''s be optimistic - with a hire car you could go to Ioannina or Parga for the day, or explore the coast both north & south of the town. On foot you could nip over to Corfu by ferry for the day & explore Corfu Town.

Barnoldswick...
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days trips from Igoumentisa

I am thinking of people who have a day in Igoumenitsa from a cruise ship.

Need to think of what excursions they could do from there.

My ideas were Ioannina and Dodoni - I would imagine this is a full day so need to have lunch somewhere. Not sure what is the best thing to do in Ioannina - could we offer a guided walk around the old town or ?

Other idea I had was to visit the Nektromanteio - not sure else what you could do in this area though. Need to combine this with something else.

Also a trip to Sivota for a boat trip around the coast/blue laggon?

The area seems to be famous for villages but not sure if they are too far. Maximum duration is 7 hours excursion.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,524 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days trips from Igoumentisa

I cannot say whether or not there are excursions from Igoumenitsa (ie trips by private coach/mini-bus) so I was assuming that you would be using rental car. As picking up/returning a car always eats into time, 7 hours would easily be filled by various options, when you also take time to have a relaxed lunch somewhere. Does the cruise company offer any options? These might be the most practical as they at least would take care of the logistics of getting you back on time.

Dodoni is indeed possible, Ioannina could be reached by public bus (you can take a boat trip out to the island in the lake), Perama (interesting caves tour), Nekromanteion (you can take a boat ride from Ammoudia up the river to here). At Parga you can enjoy the town & harbour, walk through olive groves, or visit the Kastro at nearby Anthousa. I always imagine that people off a cruise ship are perhaps not loooking for boat trips, but of course a small boat is a different activity!

You must be referring to the Zagorian villages. Too far! They need time to enjoy & with only 7 hours & necessity not to miss return ship not really enough time to justify driving all that way as you would just not do justice to the area.

4. Re: Days trips from Igoumentisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:16