We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens to Dubrovnik via Meteora and Igoumenitsa ferry

Which Igoumenitsa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albury, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Athens to Dubrovnik via Meteora and Igoumenitsa ferry

We want to get from Athens to Dubrovnik and visit Meteora for a night on the way.

Our plan is to go from Athens to Kalambaka (Meteora) on the 15th June, stay overnight to see the sites and then head to Igoumenitsa (16th) to take the ferry to Bari, then Bari to Dubrovnik.

This is the only way I can see to get to Dubrovnik without going back to Athens.

Firstly, is this feasible and can you get from Kalambaka to Igoumenitsa on an afternoon buss in time to get ferry tickets for the 00:30am ferry? I'm really struggling to find timetables on the net!

Also I cannot find a daily ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik - does anyone know if there is one?

Any other suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
777 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens to Dubrovnik via Meteora and Igoumenitsa ferry

Hi there

Bari to Dubrovnik ferry ranges from three times a week at the moment, up to six times a week in August. Timetables here: aferry.co.uk/timetable/BariDubrovnikJadrolin…

It does seem like a very long trip though. 3 hours (at least) by road from Kalambaka to Igounemitsa, 16 hours from Igoumenitsa to Bari, then 9 hours back to Dubrovnik: By the time you've added in connections, it's going to take about 32 hours for a 600 km journey! I know you would prefer not to go back to Athens, but isn't it worth it to get a 90 minute flight direct to Dubrovnik!

Alternatively, you might be able to get something from Thessaloniki (not sure if anyone flies direct though)

Just a thought

Albury, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens to Dubrovnik via Meteora and Igoumenitsa ferry

Thanks I'll check it out.

Level Contributor
3,053 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens to Dubrovnik via Meteora and Igoumenitsa ferry