We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating & Shopping

TN
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
Eating & Shopping

Hello. DH & I will be in Marazion in May of this year with a cruise. We will be in the area for 3 hours. Any suggestions as where to eat & shop? Is there a good place to get some fish & chips?

Thank you!

16 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
948 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating & Shopping

Hi - there's a decent chippy, and also Philps pasties.

3 hours should give you time to get across to St Michael's Mount and visit the castle or gardens (I am assuming that's why you're in Marazion?) If you are not planning on going to the Mount, then you may struggle to fill 3 hours in Marazion, charming though it is.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating & Shopping

Hi there

I take it the cruise berths in Falmouth and that you booked an excursion to Marazion? Three hours isn't much time at all, by the time you've crossed to and from the Mount. Personally, if you are berthed in Falmouth, I'd spend the shore time close to Falmouth where there's plenty to do and see, Pendennis castle, the National Maritime Museum, shopping, restaurants, beaches, etc.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating & Shopping

Hi, agree with GB's post :-)

TN
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating & Shopping

We are on a cruise. We do dock in Falmouth. We are on a tour that passes Pendennis Castle. We are stopped at St. Michael's Mount for 3 hours. DH & I are not sure if we want to go. If we don't we will just hang around Marazion. Our tour only give us 1 hr in Penzance to eat & shop. So, I thought we would have a nice leisurely lunch in Mazaion and look around.

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating & Shopping

Hi Shelby,

Try the Mount Haven Restaurant, Marazion. IMO great food and lovely views.

Elfin

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating & Shopping

There is also The Godolphin Arms that has a great view of St Michael's Mount and is near the centre of Marazion and serves good food. Further up the road there is also The Fire Engine Inn - great views and good food also last time.

There are a few options.

Suzi

TN
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating & Shopping

Thank you. Mount Haven seems nice. So does the Godolphin Arms. Seems like we will have a tough choice.

How about some shopping. Any good shops to get unique things?

Thank you!

st Ives
Level Contributor
141 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating & Shopping

Forget the leisurely lunch, visit St Michael's Mount, it's well worth it.. The Mount has has two gift shops and two restaurants There are are only a handful of shops in Marazion itself. In my opinion an hour in Penzance is enough.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 16:08
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating & Shopping

Hi again

Don't get me wrong, nothing whatsoever against the Mount, it just seems that three hours isn't a particularly long time to have in Marazion, there's a lot to see on the Mount and personally, taking into consideration what this excursion is possibly costing you, I'd rather stay in Falmouth.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating & Shopping

My view is, that to go all that way and not visit the Mount would seem strange. Either stay in Falmouth as already mentioned or go on the excursion and see the splendours of St Michaels Mount. Marazion on its own will not be a particularly memorable experience, whereas a visit to the Mount will be.

Reply to: Eating & Shopping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marazion
Recent Conversations