We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Which Moraira hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Just a word of warning about this firm - don't go near them!!!!

We had booked the super Villa Esmeralda (Pla del Mar) some 6 months in advance as we stayed there last year. The owner, a lovely lady who was very nice to us, sadly sold the villa but got the new owner to agree to our existing reservation, which he confirmed directly with us.

Then with just 4 weeks to go we were told that Turinca Vacation were now dealing with it - they put the price up by €330! When we asked why the price had gone up despite our agreement with the new owner, Turinca (Heidi & Samuel) said we were acting in a "childish manner" and cancelled our holiday!

The Belgium owner refused to answer our emails.....we had €1400 worth of flights & car already paid for.....

They obviously thought they'd got us over a barrel & would scr*w us for a few more quid, right at the last minute.

Luckily we've saved our holiday - found a super looking last minute villa - no thanks to this greedy pair of low-lifes. Avoid like the plague.

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi

Glad you got sorted in the end.

I have never heard of Turinca, but just had a quick look and they are based in the Jalon Valley.

That is the trouble when dealing with some agents, but your booking should have been kept at the price agreed.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Gail

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi Gail,

Thanks for your words of support - the last minute place we're now going to stay looks great but could have done without the worry & hassle.

We keep hearing about dodgy agents but you always think it only happens to other people! Trouble is, where do you turn to complain....

Nevermind. Now can't wait to be back in Moraira!

Thanks,

Cheryl & Gary

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi

It's absulutely scorching here, mind you it's nice in the UK at the minute I hear.

Where abouts are you staying?? Pla Del Mar is a lovely area and close to the town.

Hope you found something nice.

Maybe see you soon

Gail

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi Gail,

We're staying on the opposite side of town to Pla Del Mar - not sure what its called but its the area where the streets are all named after different types of tree.....well I guess they've got to call them something!

Any new places to eat out at? We heard the Olive Tree guys have opened in the old Irish pub next to Dave's. Anything else worth a visit?

And have pintxos - or any new tapas bars - arrived in Moraira yet? We've had some great pintxos recently in Alicante & Palma - good fun way to eat too!

Thanks,

C & G

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi

Do you mean going toward Calpe???

Yes Lou & the gang have got The Lowry next to us now.

We like The Rondo, lived round the corner from it for years and only went at the end of last year, been a few times since though.

We love Tapas, but it's difficult believe it or not in Moraira.

Think Xambel on the front do nice tapas. Yo Y Tu is very nice in the square, well it was when we last went. They have quite a variety of tapas incuding a drink for 10 euros I think.

Have you been to the Morroccan?? That's just before the chippy on the left, their food is good.

To be honest, we don't go out that much to eat with having the chippy, we do that much home made food, we eat from there, take it home, not worth switching the cooker on, haha.

You can't beat the big towns for the Tapas bars.

Enjoy yourselves and come and say hello.

Gail

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi Gail,

Didn't appreciate you are Dave - or Mrs Dave....!

We will indeed see you as we never miss a Dave's fish & chip lunch at some point during the week - love 'em!

The villa is off Calle de Haya - about the only part of Moraira we haven't stayed in before. Looks a nice area - bit of a walk back from town at night though!

Morrocan between you & town?

See you soon,

Cheryl & Gary

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi

yes Calle Hiya is a nice area, depends how far up you are. If you don't fancy walking a taxi is very cheap.

Haha yes I am Mrs. Dave.

The Morroccon is next to Pollo Loco, set back a little, where Net connect is. Just before you get to us on the left.

The food is nice, but they have a lovely enclosed terrace at the rear which can get very hot. Last year they had a lovely front terrace with nice relaxing chairs.

See you soon

Gail

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi Gail,

Sorry we missed you! We came in for fish & chips (great as ever) - Wednesday I think - but you were away with a bad foot?

Nevermind.......

Can't wait to be back again. How's the weather at the end of October? All the bars & restaurants still open?

Incidentally, favourite meal out (apart from your f&cs!) was Ca Pepe - exceptional.

C U next time,

Cheryl, Gary & Pete

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Hi

Aaaaw sorry I missed you. It's not my foot it's my knee, had 2 ops on it, cartilage dissintegrated, fed up of not being able to work.

Glad you enjoyed it, haven't tried Ca Pepe yet, really don't go out that much to eat, you know how it is when you have your own place, can never decide. Will have to try, possibly winter time.

The weather in October was fantastic last year right up until middle of November. The bars etc don't usually close in Moraira until about November, then it becomes a ghost town.

Hope to see you then if you come.

Gail.

Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turinca Vacation - Keep away! Greedy chancers.....

Oh come on Jumbocod, not you as well with the "ghost town" comment. I end up defending Moraira from that criticism by Javea residents on expat forums. I thought that you as a Moraira resident and fan would have avoided that. We have stayed in Moraira in December, January, February and March and there are always plenty of choices of shops and restaurants available. As you probably know the weather last January was fabulous. I well remember sitting with my wife outside at the Funky Monkey in a short sleeved shirt enjoying the sun. I appreciate that from the point of running a business the numbers probably drop off significantly but I don't believe that Moraira is any different from any other resort town of its size out of season. I always find Javea and Calpe very quiet in the winter as well for example.

Get answers to your questions about Moraira
Recent Conversations
More Moraira Topics