We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Tranquility El Portet

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Topic
Casa Tranquility El Portet

Have hired the above villa from 8th June for two weeks. I know it's a shot in the dark, but wondered if anyone had stayed there recently. I know it's about a mile above El Portet and we will have a car. It was more the villa itself I was interested in.

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

Hi

I'm sure someone will answer about the villa soon. I think your right it is a little high up, it's not far from El Portet beach which has a couple of nice bars/ restaurants. From there it is about 20 min walk to Moraira along the coast. There is a footpath so safe.

The road out of El Portet towards Moraira has a little supermarket as well selling fresh bread etc. run by a lovely couple. Next door is a Restaurant called Oasis, we have lived here 12 years and only just started to use it, food is nice and home made. We actually live not far from where you are staying.

It's a lovely area but I think you will need your car.

I apologise if you already knew all this, sorry can't be of help with the villa.

Mentioned in this post
Moraira
Moraira
Costa Blanca, Spain
derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

Many thanks indeed for responding so quickly and for the info. On google it does look high and the views look down to El Portet. We stayed in Moraira 4 years ago and fell in love with it. We had to drive to the large car park think it had a market there.and walk into Moraira. We promised ourselves we would come back and we are. We used to walk round to El Portet sit outside the lovely bars and chill. To me it's much more upmarket than the likes of Benidorm and alicante. I know this wont go down well, but I would rather stay at home than go to a concrete jungle in the sun. On the other hand I'm sure people would find my holiday very dull with nothing to do

Mentioned in this post
Moraira
Moraira
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

Hi

Your right, Moraira is a lovely place and most people fall in love with it, we did 27 years ago when we found it. In all the years we have lived here, I think we have visited Benidorm around 4 times. That is usually on a Sunday in the winter to sit and have a coffee on the front. It's not boring, it's nice and relaxing, but as you say some people may find it's not enough for them.

They have made Javea nice now having spent a fortune on a new walkway along the Arenal, it's nice to sit and people watch there.

Yes, the cafe at El Portet is a great spot to sit, we took our 82 year old Mum down when she came and she didn't want to go home.

It is better to park on the large car park as it's free, be early to park there for the market on a Friday though as the spaces are limited.

Have a great time when you come, your villa looks nice and great views.

Gail

Mentioned in this post
Moraira
Moraira
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Javea
Javea
Costa Blanca, Spain
merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

I know friends who have used it they booked through James villas, it is a bit isolated and you need a car to get anywhere even for dinner of an evening,they tried ringinf local taxis but non ever turned up despite speaking spanish, they found a couple of issues,one being its very small, and the other is that bathrooms are kitted out for disabled people with chairs in shower etc they are not prejudiced but they said it reminded them of an old peoples home and did detract slightly from thrir holiday enjoyment as it wasnt the luxury feel they had in other villas that they had previously rented in the area

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

Hi

That's a shame Sundays, but perhaps Mosley97 are aware it's a disabled villa, as it advertises on all the sites and that is why they picked it.

I think they are aware you need the car as they have been before.

It's unusual for you not to get a taxi, most of them speak English and are very reliable. We very often ring taxis for customers and they are there in 10 minutes.

Where abouts is the villa, is it on the way to the beach and then turn left as though you were going to the chemist?? Can't quite place it, but it has good views.

This happens a lot in Moraira if people don't know exactly where the villa is as regards to how far it is to ammenaties. It's a shame your friends werent impressed, there's nothing worse than coming on holiday and it not meeting your expectations. Hope it hasn't put them off Moraira.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 12:29
Mentioned in this post
Moraira
Moraira
Costa Blanca, Spain
merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

no hasnt put them or me off Moraira will be there again Sept for 3 weeks I visit Portugal a lot and to me Moraira is similar to some of the places we go to on The Algarve love both places

Mentioned in this post
Moraira
Moraira
Costa Blanca, Spain
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

I agree, Portugal is nice as well. We sometimes drive there from here.

Actually trying Menorca soon, never been and its only an hour from here, flights so cheap.

Think it will be very similar to here.

Glad your coming back

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

Sorry about butting in...Gail you'll love Menorca, we've been a few times and love it there. Missed you a couple of weeks back, again lol. Still love the food you serve.

Annie

Mentioned in this post
Menorca
Menorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

Thanks for the info. Yes I know the villa is one of very few properties for disabled people. However, my husband has a serious back injury which prevents him bending down. We have a wet room at home, just walk in the shower, no bending! Apart from that we are not disabled! Some of the photos show raised toilet seats, walking aids etc. however if not needed all the aids are removed. Another plus for him, is the electric beds, and sofas. I did have a few doubts when showing my daughter the pics. I mentioned about the pool shower being in a funny position and she was in hysterics and told me it wasn't a shower, it was a pool hoist! We've got a car for the two weeks so will be out a lot. We had a dreadful year in 2012 so are looking to chill out. It's no problem to us it being isolated. So long as we've plenty of vino, good food and fantastic views and the place is clean then we will be fine. Again thanks for all the input. We were in puerto banus last week, but it wasn't really our cup of tea, too busy and too touristy.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Tranquility El Portet

I've checked with the owner who's confirmed that the 'aids for disabled people' will not be there when we arrive. The villa is all on one level and was refurbished at the end of last year. I knew it was high up from pics. I got a bit concerned about safety when sunndays said it was isolated. However it is alarmed and has electric gates which open automatically when you point a key from inside the car. Feel happier now by checking out your comments. Like sunndays friends we've gone with James villas including flights. It worked out cheaper than just booking the villa and then booking flights separately. Flying 7am from Birmingham to alicante, coming back 6pm from alicante. Gail menorca is lovely and not nearly as busy as the other Balearics. We used to go quite a lot when kids were younger. Would recommend one of the trips to formantera, not that there's a lot there.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
Get answers to your questions about Moraira
More Moraira Topics