We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re Medusa

Essex
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Re Medusa

Hi, we are going to,Katelios in September. I have been reading different reviews for restaurants but was wondering what the Medusa was like for food. Also has anyone been recently and stayed in the Medusa. I was wondering how the bar across the road is now? I look forward to any information anyone has to offer as its our first time to Kephalonia and the only other Greek Island we have visited was Kos.

Mentioned in this post
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Fishing Tourism Kefalonia Dimitrios-Efthimia
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Katelios beach
Beaches, Points of Interest & Landmarks
K1 Scooter & Quad Hire
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
newcastle
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re Medusa

hi, we came back yesterday from katelios, we stayed 2 weeks in the medusa and it was also our 1st trip to kefalonia, (but we have been"doing" greek islands for more than 20 years) & we`ve had a great time there.. hecules bar next door is a fab place not noisy at all, a few local youngsters gather at night, but they were well behaved.& the staff are so friendly there too. its also the best place for a greek salad. two along from there was the nemesis bar which was a little noisier, but no problem. we ate at many restaurants and never had a bad meal, but favoured the katelios taverna and katelios grill-house, which (grill house) is newly opened this year & is run by the son of katelios taverna, spiro. its only a small place, but food was superb. its straight up from the music bar (cocktail bar) on a corner site. you can`t miss it. medusa did some nice meals too, as did all the restaurants on the front. full english breakfasts cost 6.50 and they are big, maria`s (2nd from end, next to cosy bar) were the best, i thought. beach , not the best to be honest, but ok, 2 beds & brolly cost 6 euros. the sea was amazing tho, very shallow, so nice & warm, & clear & clean. try the island tour. it`s well worth the cost, the tour guide called esme was so interesting, it takes you up to fiskardo @ the very top of the island. use the local tour company panem tours, much cheaper than holiday rep. local buses were good too.we used them to go to skala & poros. medusa apts. are worth more than 1 * their position is 2nd to none, & kept well cleaned by dina, a lovely lady. hope this helps & you have a super holiday.

Essex
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re Medusa

Thank you so much for getting back to me, it all sounds good. I have made a note of the restaurants and will be giving them all a try. We will be trying the island tour. We are really looking forward to going now. Thanks once again . If you think of any other tips I will be pleased to hear them. I just wanted to say maybe you could put a review on the Madusa page, as there are not any current ones on there only a few about the noisy bar!!

Regards

Sandra

Edited: 26 June 2012, 16:55
Manchester
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Re Medusa

Been going to Katelios for the last 15 holidays this May was the last time, my advice would be they are all good and this year they are really trying to please with lots of improvements to the village most perhaps to small to notice to anyone on there first visit but add them up and they make your stay more of a I shall return again holiday as do a lot of us blogers.

(not being rude but I think Kephalonia is spelt with a C not K that's it's name from a long time ago most may refer to it today as Kefalonia)

Have a great holiday in September we will be there ourselves then.

Essex
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re Medusa

Thank you for getting back to me, you obviously like Katelios. Lots of people I mention it to have not heard of it. Thank you for pointing out the spelling I had noticed that trip advisor spell it with a C but Manos who we have booked with show it with a K, so I was not sure.

Regards

Sandra

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Re Medusa

I to have just returned from Katelios (24th June) having spent 2 weeks in the Medusa and have to say what a great place both are. It was my first visit to Katelios and I was so impressed with the place the friendliness of the the people and the overall relaxing holiday i had. As for the Medusa appartment you have no worry there they are very good and clean and was made to feel welcome by everybody there. It is now high on my list for a re visit.

Essex
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re Medusa

Thank you so much, it's great to get such positive information. We are really looking forward to going ..

7. Re: Re Medusa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Katelios