We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather end of may

Which Katelios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brighton
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
weather end of may

hi all me and the missus have just booked for the end of may, 26th to be exact just wondering what sort of temps we can expect during the day , but also of an evening , will i get away with shorts and a polo top or jeans and a jumper, by reading some other post it sounds like a rare jewel in the islands just what we are looking for .

any feedback will be helpfull thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather end of may

Hi there

Katelios is a pretty little backwater on the island and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Late May usually sees the weather settling right down and you should expect warm sunshine and dry days. The temps will drop a bit in the evenings and from our experience at this time of the year, we have always been comfortable in shorts and a polo top or t-shirt.

Of course, you can never guarantee or predict the weather anywhere so maybe to be on the safe side, you could take a light fleece or a light sweater but hopefully, you won't need either.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,295 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather end of may

We were in Kef at that time in 2012.

The weather was good but the week before holidaymakers had had three days of rain. We took a light waterproof which we only needed once, to get back to our apartment after an evening at a restaurant eating well and watching a spectacular lightning and thunder storm.

During the day shorts and polo shirt were fine however during the evening I needed a long sleeved shirt and my wife wore a light cardigan or shawl over her sleeveless dress as it was rather cool.

In compensation the Island is at its prettiest as most of the flowers are out and the island is at its greenest!

Enjoy yourselves!!

brighton
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather end of may

thanks guys, stayed in lassi last time and had a great holiday, loved kefalonia and really looking forward to even if its 5 months away, katelios just what we are looking for, a bit out the way bit a scenery with some good food. thanks meganman

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather end of may

we went that time last year and off 1 st June this year. weather was good everyday and got warmer as our holiday moved into June. They had had a couple bad weeks with rain and very cool before we arrived. when we left 19th June the weather was hitting 35 c in day. and 25c at night. did wear a cardigan first week at night.

5. Re: weather end of may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Katelios
Recent Conversations