We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any info on katelios please

Which Katelios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Any info on katelios please

Hi there we are looking for next july hols for a week , just looking around at the min was looking at katelios ( medusa apartemts) maybe ?? Have looked on u tube just wondered if there is any bars to drink in If so what are they like and how many(not taverns ) seems enough taverns for a week for food also what is the beach like and sea and cost of sunbeds . Can i also hire a moped for a few days and could we get to fiscardo on it and how long would it take sorry for the long list as never been to kefalonia just trying to gather some info on the place .

We dont like big resorts nice friendly resort few bars and taverns with good food is fine for a week thanks karen

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any info on katelios please

Hi Karen

I have visited Katelios several times but have never stayed there. It is very laid back with a great beach and a selection of bars and tavernas. I have also never hired sunbeds there but as a general rule of thumb, you're looking at around €5-7 per day for two beds and a parasol. I'm sure a recent visitor can confirm this one way or the other.

You can certainly hire mopeds but it's a heck of a ride from Katelios to Fiskardo and with two up, I wouldn't fancy it ( in fact, I wouldn't fancy it solo). Fiskardo is about as far from Katelios as anywhere can be on the island and if you do want to see it, and other lovely places on the island, I personally think that a car is the way to go, but that's your call naturally. Kefalonia is the 4th or 5th largest Greek island, many of its top sights are within the southern half, and several are close to the cross island road that links Argostoli to Sami on the east coast. I really wouldn't fancy taking a moped along that road, 12 kms up, then 12 kms down.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any info on katelios please

There are some bars and good Tavernas no shortage sunbeds are as G.B says around 6 to 7 euros and moped ride to Fiskado would be a definite no no Venus car rental would be your best bet Kostas is a top man I am sure you will love katelios it is so chilled have a great vacation

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any info on katelios please

Thanks for that gb as i said just mulling around some places at the min still undecided where go, some new greek island hopefully . my nice just come back from pretra 1st time she says she wasnt that much for it maybe the long delay going and coming back put her off she norm likes where i do but has says she likes katelios

But thanks for help no doubt as i look around i will ask as few more questions of any other resorts that take me fancy. Karen

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any info on katelios please

Katelios as plenty Tavernas and some on the beach with excellent food. sea is shallow and great to snorkel as well. just a little further on is Kamina beach and its very sandy and great to walkin the sea for a swim very safe . sunbeds on there were €6 for 2 with a kantina and easy parking. Reccomend kostas venus car hire always have a jeep off him .

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any info on katelios please

i have stayed in the Medusa apartments and you wouldn't be disappointed they are basic but clean with safes and aircon in the rooms. plus you would be about 10 yards from the beach. there are plenty of places to eat and drink and you would be welcome in any of them

6. Re: Any info on katelios please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Katelios
Recent Conversations