We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los alcazares all year round.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Los alcazares all year round.

Hi ,looking at los alcazares as a possible place to purchase our holiday home after I retire soon.from what I have been able to find out on line it seems an ideal place to do so.however I do have some questions which I hope the forum can help with .is Murcia airport due to close and how far is the alternative airport away from los alcazares. Is the town an all year round place .like is there still bars restaurants and shops open .is the medical situation good..is the area safe and is there retirees living there. Hope people can help with some of my questions and thank you in advance for replies .john

Mentioned in this post
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
4 replies to this topic
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los alcazares all year round.

This general area has a fairly huge ex-pat community.

But yes, whereas San Javier is on the doorstep, Corvera, which is supposed to finally open toward the end of the year, is much nearer Murcia and it's not exactly a direct route if I recall, more close to the Mazarron holiday areas

If you hire a car it won't make any difference, if you don't then you might want to think about it.

This probably isn't the place for health questions, you'll need to bottom that out elsewhere. My in-laws. got Spanish Residency and therefore everything for pension-age was on the Spanish NHS, which is probably better than ours now.

But whilst I personally don't think Brexit will do a lot economically, it might throw a hand grenade into things like health arrangements. Pretty sure we can say it hasn't been decided yet. It's always better if you can afford your own PMI.

Yes pretty safe, with basic locking up etc. You will need to stay there first of course.

Mentioned in this post
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
Mazarron
Mazarron
Region of Murcia, Spain
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los alcazares all year round.

Many thanks for advice and help

Dublin
Level Contributor
127 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los alcazares all year round.

John in Cornwall ... thankfully Ireland isnt leaving EU

(Waterford is in Ireland)

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Los alcazares all year round.

Hi John,

I'm living just out the road from you in Tramore, and we have an apartment in Puerto Marina.

If you ever wanted to meet up and have a chat about buying in the area, or any other questions you might have feel free to give me a shout as I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Regards

Paul

Reply to: Los alcazares all year round.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Los Alcazares
Recent Conversations
More Los Alcazares Topics