We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Guys

Any advice on rough taxi fares or whether its possible to bus it. Going early July, its a Monday morning so hoping no premium to pay on top of standard fares. Cheapest I can find is suntransfers.com at £90 return which didn't sound bad.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Hi Bexman77,

Current Murcia San Javier airport (MJV) taxi price guide here: taxiaeropuertomurcia.com/index.php/tarifa-de…

Bus - cheap & cheerful but infrequent. Takes an hour and a quarter depending on traffic: You'd have to get an airport taxi to Santiago de la Ribera and then get an Alsa bus (just 3/day at 13:00, 18:30 & 22:00) from there to La Manga. 3 buses/day coming back from La Manga @ 06:45, 12:45 & 18:15. €3 single, €6 return on bus + taxi back to MJV from Santiago de la Ribera. Details here: http://www.alsa.es

Alternative to consider: Taxi from MJV to Mar Menor Ferry in Santiago de la Ribera. Mar Menor Ferry to Puerto Tomás Maestre on La Manga. Then hop on a línea 15 Manga Bus if necessary to your destination in La Manga. Ferry cost €4 each way last summer. Dunno what the price this year is - maybe someone reading this who's used it this year can confirm €. Details here & use the 'contacte' tab to check this year's price: http://www.marmenorferry.com

Link for the Línea 15 Manga Bus route with schedule, etc. Note that the frequency of the bus service improves to every 30 mins from 2nd July: cartagena.es/frontend/pagina/_xzuM2Hlr2V8RVg…

Map of the línea 15 route: cartagena.es/files/…linea15.jpg

You'll also find more info (costs) on the línea 15 bus Manga Bus route on the Alsa website.

Cheers.

DD

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Me again...

Sorry, forgot to add:

Alsa línea 23 route: cartagena.es/frontend/pagina/_ABGkhZYsX7DjN2…

Alsa línea 23 route map: cartagena.es/files/…linea23.jpg

Cheers.

DD

Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Thanks DD, superb advice :-)

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Hi -just read the information you have given previous question. I am staying in Los Alcazares 22 June to 29 June - I was told there is a ferry that runs to 'the strip', but do you know if this runs in June and where we get it from Los Alcazres.

Thank you,

Jen

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Hi jen,

What you're after is the Aquabus from Los Alcázares to the La Manga strip.

All the info you need (embarcation points, costs, schedule, etc) is here: murciatoday.com/-waterbus-from-los-alc%C3%A1…

Scroll down the page to roughly half way and you'll find the info under the heading La Manga - Los Alcázares waterbus.

It's a peak summer-only service and according to the link starts the week after the end of your hols which is a bit of a bummer. :-(.

The alternative is the B&F ferry mentioned in the posts above or hop on the bus to La Manga. Admittedly, no way as nice as a boat across to La Manga, but the bus'll get you to La Manga & back from Los Alcázares.

Have a great trip.

DD

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

Hi Dave,

thanks for that information - I had a feeling that might be the case. We stayed a few years ago and I don't recall seeing a ferry but I was told that there was one. Never mind - I am determined to get over there somehow.

Thanks again,

Regards Jen

7. Re: Bus or Taxi from Murcia-San Javier to La Manga del Mar Menor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Los Alcazares
More Los Alcazares Topics