We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never Been to this area??

Which Los Alcazares hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Never Been to this area??

Hello,

I'll be staying at El valle resort for a week in June. Ive never been to this area before!?! I've got a car for the week so was thinking of visiting Murcia city and a few beaches for a bit of sun worshipping. I was hoping for somebody to give me some advice on things to do and see?

We like the busy areas and the hustle and bustle (we're 40 but dont act it!!) . Good bars and good restaurants are a must as well as a nice beach. From the web, it seems like Los Alcazares is a place where you get most things?

Is June busy?

Thanks for any info anybody can give me!

L

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never Been to this area??

El Valle is well out of the way, and Los Alcazares is about 20/25 min drive. It has a lovely beach and a good choice of restaurants and bars, plus a supermarket. Other nearby beaches are Lo Pagan with it's mud baths, and San Pedro and Santiago de la Ribera. Roldan/Balsicas, about 15 min drive, have a few decent restaurants as well.

June should be reasonably busy as weather will be hotting up, but La Valle may be quiet.

Murcia and Cartagena are both worth a visit, also Torrevieja.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Never Been to this area??

Thank you. I expected El Valle to be a bit remote and to be honest, don't expect to spend too much time there. I've got a car for the week so will be out and about. Thanks for the info

Los Alcazares, Spain
Destination Expert
for Region of Murcia
Level Contributor
894 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never Been to this area??

Also have a look at Cartagena. Park under the port (signposted off A30 from Murcia direction) and then immediately across the road is the city centre with historic sites, restaurants, bars, and shops. About as good as it gets in terms of compactness.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Never Been to this area??

Thank you. All very much appreciated

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Never Been to this area??

For the city I would unhesitatingly recommend Cartagena: it is low key but very interesting IMO. I also suggest you visit Murcia City on a Sunday morning if you can. Enjoy a coffee watching the world go by next to the Cathedral in Plaza Cardinal Belluga; and then explore some of the many other lively Plazas in the city.

For a 'wild' beach, take a look at Calblanque: it's a regional park near La Manga along a rough, dirt road.

Enjoy your visit.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Never Been to this area??

Thank you for the info. I'm going to try out as much as is possible

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Never Been to this area??

Hi, the first time I went to Murcia I stayed at El Valle. I stayed there because of the quality of the accommodation but it is deadly quiet. We too had a car and we went out every day and chilled at night. Cartagena is an absolute must as it's a beautiful city but has all the shopping you could possible want. Los Alcazares has a Lidl supermarket and very good Mercado (beside hotel 525).the boulevard is also here where you will get all the restaurants and bars and they are all good!!!! The beach is also lovely at Los Alcazares. We went to a great Chinese which was along the service road passing in front of La Torre which is nearer than Alcazares for a meal(if it's still there ) it's in the middle of an industrial park but it was amazing.

8. Re: Never Been to this area??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Los Alcazares
More Los Alcazares Topics