We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Which Los Alcazares hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Hi,

Excursiones Marítimas Joven Ana Belén have published on their blogspot their summer 2014 sailing schedule for the regular summer service between Los Alcázares and La Manga. The summer schedule is effective until 12th September 2014. You can view the schedule and prices for summer 2014 here on their blogspot: …blogspot.co.uk/p/horarios.html

The service does not appear to me to be as comprehensive as it was a few years ago, as the additional sailings for market day in Los Alcázares (Tuesday) appear to have gone. However, the prices are the same as last year. Yay! :)

They also have a website but as yet, they have not updated the summer 2014 schedule on there. http://www.crucerosmarmenor.net

Cheers!

DD

england
Level Contributor
382 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Just been on these sites and both in Spanish. Where exactly do they sail from and where to. Would this be a day trip for us with 2 small children?

Los Alcazares, Spain
Destination Expert
for Region of Murcia
Level Contributor
894 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Don't know where you are coming from or if you have car etc. The boats go from a wooden pier that is nearer the old town end than the 525 plaza. If driving from plaza end look for Euronics shop on the left and the pier is just behind that. Park in the streets to the right though. If walking the pier is a bit past the San Juan bar right on the front (again from plaza end). I have not done this trip so don't know what's around where the boat docks on the other side, but boat trip is likely to be a fairly pleasant and relaxed experience in itself.

Edited: 15 July 2014, 20:49
england
Level Contributor
382 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Yes we have a car and staying at Rhoda Golf. Is is far from there?

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Hi JudyxxxPunch,

Re: your 1st post. I wouldn't describe it as a 'day trip'. This particular one is simply a point to point peak summer service taking about 45 minutes.

It can be useful if you are visiting in peak summer and want to avoid the traffic on La Manga.

Both this company as you have seen and another one, www.solazlines.com , offer various trips around the Mar Menor in peak summer. Again, I'd not describe them as 'day trips', more like 2-3 hour tours.The Solaz Lines website is available in both spanish & english.

There are plenty of beaches on La Manga (both Med sea side and Mar Menor side) to try out once you get there.

Re: your 2nd post. By car, it'd take roughly 15 minutes + time looking for somewhere to park.

As you've got a car, you may also like to consider the tourist boat trip in Cartagena. Again, it's about an hour (or longer if you want to get off and visit the Fuerte de Navidad for a bit). Details (in english) are here:

cartagenapuertodeculturas.com/publicas/que_v…

and here:

murciatoday.com/….U8Y2ULFZiSo

Have a great holiday.

DD

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Sorry...me again,

You may find this Los Alcázares street map helpful to download from the town council's website and take on holiday: losalcazares.es/images/plano_callejero.pdf

The Plaza de la Pescadería is at the bottom right of cell D5, the quay that ElPatioCuatro refers to at the top right of cell E5.

Cheers!

DD

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Am I right in assuming that this is the same jetty where the 3 kings alight during the Feliz Navidad celebrations ?

I've only ever got the ferry from Santiago De La Ribera.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

I think so Alfanumeric.

AFAIK, Los Reyes Magos usually arrive in Los Alcázares at the embarcadero de La Pescadería. However, as it's school time, I've never actually witnessed it. Hopefully, someone else can confirm.

Back to the actual crossing, someone's kindly put up a video from last year on YouTube of the very thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3n5CEviSNY

It's even got a shot of some training jets tearing out of MJV as an added bonus... ;-)

Cheers!

DD

Cardiff, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Hi,

We are staying at Veneziola Beach La Manga.

How far is the ferry port from there is it walkable.

I don't suppose there is a bar on the ferry.

Cheers,

Richard & Donna

Los Alcazares, Spain
Destination Expert
for Region of Murcia
Level Contributor
894 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

richard v - according to the link in Dave's first post the boat from Los Alcazares lands at El Pedrucillo so you would need to research how far that is from where you are staying. I am not sure if there is a bar but there is a beach bar directly adjacent to the embarkation point and other permanent bars very close by.

Alfanumeric - yes it is definitely the same jetty. Also used for the pirate landings around Easter which are well worth a look, and other festivities/celebrations as well.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Summer 2014 boat service Los Alcázares ↔ La Manga

Cheers EPC, at least I've got my bearings now. From Santiago the "bar" was soft drinks and mystery snacks. So if it's the same company I would imagine there are certain licenses that are required for anything more akin to booze.

Get answers to your questions about Los Alcazares
More Los Alcazares Topics