We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Limenaria please

Which Limenaria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Limenaria please

Hi, we're hoping to visit Thassos for the first time, next summer and am after some info on Limenaria. I understand that it's not one of the busiest places on the island but would you say there are enough eateries and/or bars around the place for a 2 week sc holiday. We're not averse to going a short distance on a bus or getting a taxi on the occasional evening.

If we don't find enough tavernas/bars in Limenaria itself, how far would thassos towm be? We won't have a car so would have to rely on the bus and later in the evening a taxi return. How expensive would a taxi from thassos towm to Limenaria be?

Whilst I'm on the subject of cost, how do food and drink prices compare to other Greek islands eg. Corfu, Kos, rhodes.

Sorry for so many questions. I hope somebody can help with my research.

Thanks.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Limenaria please

Hi we're off

can't help you with the number of bar/ restos in limenaria, others will come on but prices are very reasonable, I did a trip report on page 2, it was our first experience on the island too, I put a photo of every menu of each resto we ate in and also described the trip over

Hope it helps

Edited: 30 August 2013, 16:49
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Limenaria please

Thanks Dellboy. Do you have a link to your report please. Not sure what page 2 you're referring to. I can only see 1 page of topics in the thassos forum.

Thanks

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Limenaria please

sorry added it below

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g775840-i17835-k…

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Limenaria please

We've just got back. Can't comment on Limenaria - also considering this for next year! Really cheap to eat out. We were having lunch - 2 appetizers, greek salad, 2 soft drinks for just under E20. On an evening, we were having 2 main courses, carafe of local wine - all meals came to under E30, with the majority being around E25. Most places offered complimentary watermelon, or ouzo, or cake, or yogurt with cherries on the top, so didn't needs to buy a sweet. Most sunbeds on beaches were free if you bought drinks there too. As cheap as Lesbos last year, and slightly cheaper than Corfu and Kos. Greece has to be the cheapest destination for eating out and the quality of the food is superb.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on Limenaria please

Thanks for the info on prices.

...and thanks again dellboy for your brilliant report.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info on Limenaria please

yes sorry you can't see the photo's, I think the server they are sitting on is running slow this evening but Mathsboffin has given you an idea of the prices

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Info on Limenaria please

Delboy, I've managed to view your pictures this morning. They''re fab! Any idea how far Golden beach is from Limenaria and do you know if the train comes that far?

Thanks

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Info on Limenaria please

The little train only runs around the Golden Beach and SP area, along with a Saturday day trip up to Potamia and Panagia. About 30 minutes in the car, if you travel clockwise from Limenaria.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Info on Limenaria please

thank you. We've avtually booked today for next August, yipee!! I'm presuming the weather will e nice and hot at the start of August. Although we are regular travellers to the Greek islands, we've never been so far North before- will there be any differnce in the weather i.e. will it be a lot cooler than the islands further south- hopefully not.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Info on Limenaria please

It's been hot this August and also hot in June/July whilst we were there

Get answers to your questions about Limenaria
Recent Conversations
More Limenaria Topics