We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to go to Halong Bay Between July 26 to Aug 3 2014

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Is it safe to go to Halong Bay Between July 26 to Aug 3 2014

Hi There,

We have been dreaming of going to Vietnam and have been planning our trip from the past 2 months. Yesterday I heard about the Typhoon hitting Halong bay area on Saturday and the pouring rains in that area. I don't want to cancel my trip but I do want it to be a safe trip.

Could anyone advise if it is safe to go to halong bay and vietnam all together for 10 days between July 25 to Aug 3 2014.

We were looking forward to going to different islands, wild water rafting etc. Not sure if anything will be doable now that the weather conditions are getting worse.

Help and advise is appreciated.

XX

leicester
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to go to Halong Bay Between July 26 to Aug 3 2014

No one can predict the weather or guarantee what will be happening in 5 days time. But if it isn't good, the cruises won't sail. They cancel immediately if there is any likelihood of storms or unsafe weather.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 13:37
2. Re: Is it safe to go to Halong Bay Between July 26 to Aug 3 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Cat Ba