We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood @ Sol Cayo largo

Level Contributor
992 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood @ Sol Cayo largo

Just wondering if they offer a variety of choice when it comes to seafood. I love shrimp, callamari, salmon, lobster and would love to know if they offer it. Also wine, how is it here? red and white.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood @ Sol Cayo largo

Red and white wine is available. There are some other wines available for a price.

You can get whole, cooked fish - eyeballs included - at the Ranchon.

Calamari? it's a hit or miss but I always ask for it and sometimes it's available - at the Ranchon as well.

There is always some sort of white fish filets available.

Mussels, clams, shrimp etc., usually available at all the eateries.

Their soups are always great!

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood @ Sol Cayo largo

Hola. We just got back yesterday from SCL. You definitely can get Lobster but it is $20cuc extra. We didn't get it so I can't attest to it, but judging by what we ate, I'm sure it would be good. One night at the Buffet, the nightly main dish was whole fish, not sure what type it was, but it was tasty. We ate at the Ranchon for dinner once and they did have fish on the menu. We ate Las Trinas 3 times and again, there was a fish dish but we didn't have it. I loved the Filet mignon and ate that twice and Pork the 3rd time (very tasty too).

One dish I'm sure you would like is the Lobster bisque at Las Trinas and seafood soup (can't remember the exact name of the dish) at the Ranchon. These were very similar to eachother and VERY tasty. The only real difference was that one had lobster and the other had calamari. If this was a main course, I would have eaten more than just the small soup dish. One other dish I highly recommend is the Smoked Salmon appetizer at Las Trinas.

CWS is already setting in. I'm so envious of anyone going. Enjoy you trip.

Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood @ Sol Cayo largo

The rock lobster is to die for... BBQ'd! Served with red snapper or another similar pescado? We enjoyed two catered meals of lobster during our 7 day stay. The Chilean red wine was very good also. Didn't drink the blanca but others were and they looked like it was ok?

4. Re: Seafood @ Sol Cayo largo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 05:18