We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Topic
Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

hey folks... took a stab at this today... much of the information is pulled from personal experience and from forum posts... would welcome any thoughts, comments or edits...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g737152-c154933/Cayo-…

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,687 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

Thanks, DICN, a great primer!.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

hopefully the really experienced snorkelers will beef it up...

clinton,on
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

Thanks for the info all in one spot. We weren't aware of the staff taking you out for 15 CUC--this is might be a great comprimise for those who don't snorkel and don't want to spend the money on the catamaran trip

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

i should point out that i pulled that from a forum post... never done it myself... but it's been mentioned many times in the past

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

here's the 'footnote'...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g737152-i12461-k41…

Belleville On
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

We stayed at the Sol Pelicano this yr Feb 11-18 and went on the Catamaran sunset cruise. It was my first time snorkeling. We didn't have our own fins, so the next day we asked at the clubhouse if we could borrow some to go out ourselves, we enjoyed snorkeling so much. They told us at 1130 and 230 for 5 pesos they would take is out on a trip infront of hotel. About 7 of us that we gathered together went. Mike took us for about 2 hours. Long time to swim. They advised us that before we went. It was fantastic. He obviously knew the best spots. I would pay everyday to go out with them. It is hard to swim all the way out and for as long as we did though, so I would only suggest for strong swimmers. Again though awesome and worth 5 pesos.

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
315 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

Wow! We just got back from the Pelicano yesterday. We didn't know they did that there or we would of taken part. My husband and 25 year old daughter went out in front of the Lindemar and we all did the sunset cruise on Thursday. It was awesome with very good snorkelling. My husband had a memorable moment at Playa Paraiso. He encountered a hammerhead shark. I thought he was kidding but he has the picture proof. He bought one of those masks with the digital camera from Best Buy and it worked better than imagined.

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
315 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

Awesome job. Very helpful article....great to have all that info captured in one spot.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

amazing Nap! never seen a hammerhead in the wild before....

Napanee, Ontario
Level Contributor
315 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkeling in Cayo Largo Article

I don`t think he expected to see it. I`ll try to post the picture when I do my review.