We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

I am going and it say that everywhere is 2 pesos in taxi must not be far is that mean you can walk anywhere you want? I mean all that within 1 hour?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

Pretty long walk into town.....hot too! When they say 2 CUC, that would be a shared cab. Probably 5 or 6 CUC to take it by yourself....

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

And it's not really a town, it's a very tiny village... and if you exclude the lodgings for the workers, even "village" is a bit of a grandiose description!

eeeefarm is right, it's about 5 CUC for a cab from any one resort to the village, which is about 8km away from the resorts.More info on the village here:

http://cayolargo.net/pueblo.html

And info on getting around:

http://cayolargo.net/transportation.html

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

Lots of times it's a shared ride for 2CUC/person and it's a pretty long, hot walk in June.

The cab prices are really low and that makes it look like it's a short distance.

You'll have a great time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

you can walk it though.... i've done it several times... nice to do in the early morning, leave the hotel before 8am... the ice cold crystals will be waiting for you at the marina

Ottawa
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

thanks I think I finally found a place to go to relax without the gaz fume and tranquiliy of what I read I dont think my nose will be stuff with petrol I want fresh air

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

Ahhhhh but the marina is close to the fuel depot and ship yard over in the inlet or inland channel. Seriously, far enough away to not disturb your thoughts and view of paradice while at the marina. A great location to watch the sun set over the water. Enjoy while sipping on your favour beverage.

Gracias,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

just returned again Friday.. taxi fare was 7 pesos for 2 of us to go from Playa Blanca to "town". It was the same fare in November as well. You can get a better rate if you share the cab.

The "taxi" was the large motorcoach bus and there were just the two of us on it.

On return to the airport it was only 2 pesos per person, and the same 'taxi"bus.

clinton,on
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

When we were there in April the cost was 2 pesos per person anywhere on the island and that was with the taxi bus

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

Any taxi negotiation over 2CUC is okay on Cayo Largo.

Twice, now, we've had a 20 passenger bus and driver for a couple of hours of drop offs and pick ups for $10CUC plus tip.

Arrange for a cab with the hotel desk and negotiate with the driver.

Not a big deal but 10CUC to 20CUC's will buy you a bus ride for a half day when they aren't busy.

Beach runs use taxi/minivans and that's 2CUC's per person.

Too rough a ride for a bus but lots of fun on a free Choo-Choo Train.

10. Re: going in June can you walk from Playa Blanca to town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 23:18