We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

Does anyone know if Playa Blanca provides a room upgrade for repeat guests? Should I contact the resort before arrival?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

email the resort but it's not a standard offer (although if they have something i'm sure repeaters get the first crack at it)... you do get a great supper at the a la carte though

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

Perfect. Thanks for your response!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

Be sure to include your booking/confirmation number in your email as well as any special requests, birthdays and anniversaries that they might help you celebrate.

Having your travel agent enter "Repeat Guest" on the booking may help too.

We emailed a few days after booking, and a week before arriving to confirm.

Kingston Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

not on topic but how do you compare the Playa Blanca to Sol Club? Any experience? I am trying to decide between the two.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

I have been to both... loved both... prefer PB... i like the crowd at PB a bit more and I like way the resort is organized... both are excellent though

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

Resort_Guy: It really depends what you are looking for in terms of resorts! Each one has die-hard fans. If going in the warmer months, the air-conditioned buffet at the PB might be beneficial (it's open-air at the Sol). If you enjoy a beautiful pool, the Sol would be better for you.

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

It's Sol Club for us.... the late afternoon pool bar before sunset is a deal closer for us!!!! A great way to end each day after the beach!!!

Baby is it my round yet... the memories!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

After a day playing on the beach, at Playa Blanca, late afternoon is snuggle and siesta time.

Up, dressed and ready for dinner at 7.

Refreshed!

Edited: 15 September 2011, 00:13
Kingston Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

We are pool people so Sol wins that.

I take it no pool bar at PB?

We have only had 1 buffet with A/C so that shouldn't be an issue.

Sol Club looks a bit nicer from the pics/videos I have seen.

No one has ever mentioned air planes with the resort so close to the airport... is the traffic to the island so low that it is not an issue?

Do they both have internet access for guests?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Repeat guest at Playa Blanca

Airplane traffic is intermittent, not constant. Depending on the wind they may or may not go directly over any of the hotels. Watch out for the biplane.......he is spraying for mosquitoes. Internet access at all hotels on the island.

No pool bar as such at Playa Blanca, but the lobby bar is handy. Open air buffet at Sol can be problematic when the mossies are bad. Playa Blanca is more compact, Sol more spread out, both are nice.