We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Quality

Edmonton
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bed Quality

I noticed the bed selection is either twin beds or a king. Does this mean they push the two single beds together to make a King? Had that at Varadero and it was not great. How comfortable are the beds in either the Sol Cayo Largo or Playa Blanca? The resorts look great and this is the last detail before I book.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed Quality

I hope the beds are comfortable at Sol Cayo Largo im heading there on Thursday..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed Quality

my cuban quote of the week....:

"bed not comfortable? drink more rum!"

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed Quality

We've had Queen and King at Playa Blanca. No problems. They were so comfortable it didn't seem like Cuba. Neither was made up from singles or twins pushed together. They were also the full length and I appreciate that 'cause I'm rather long.

The basic rooms and some bungalow rooms have beds made up by pushing two together but those rooms are constantly being renovated and upgraded.

email them if you book a bungalow and ask for a Queen size. If it's not High Season, you should get your wish.

Have fun!

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed Quality

At Playa Blanca (3 visits) we had a king size bed and they were comfortable, not the typical rock hard mattresses that you can get in Cuba. The pillows are not the greatest however, on our last visit our pillows were softer so that was a total bonus for us.

Can't say I noticed any upgrades in the rooms, nice to know they are being renovated and upgraded.

DIC

You need to make it to the bed.............LOL!

Edited: 25 October 2011, 03:39
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed Quality

i always make it to bed... there was one famous trip to PB where I missed supper on 5 out of 7 nights though... extra long siestas were required that week...

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed Quality

my cuban quote of the week....:

"bed not comfortable? drink more rum!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's good attitude! :)

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed Quality

Oh my DIC you must have lost weight that trip, that would suck missing supper <grin>.

ddcuba

So is this your way of warning me that you may be drinking the Rum supply in Cayo largo, please leave a few bottles for me.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed Quality

Dont worry I will leave a few for ya! :)

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bed Quality

Mighty kind of you.

Don't forget to have a bottle of Red wine on the beach for me, every day <grin>.

Oh yes and remind Osmany that I am his love and no one else.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bed Quality

me, lose weight on vacation? bahahaha... the beer alone prevents that... i was just missing supper because i was having my first drink of the day at 7am... required extra long siestas before getting up to party at night