We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

Hello advisors

Is there a kids club at Sol Cayo Largo resort as it isn't mentioned anywhere on their website. I was told that Sol Pelicano has a kids club etc. However, its overall reviews are not very pleasing at all. Which other resorts would you suggest when travelling with kids (9 and 4 year old).

Thanx

veryvenus

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

no kids club at sol

recommend pelicano/playa blanca

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

veryvenus: when are you thinking of booking and travelling? I would definitely recommend the Pelicano. Although my last visit there was over 2 years ago, I stayed there many times (by myself and with my son who just turned 6), and things would have had to take a serious down turn for me not to recommend it. I'll be there in a few weeks, and I'll be happy to give you an honest report of what to expect, if you can wait that long.

The Pelicano should be considered a solid 3* / 3 1/2* - not a 4* like some brochures mention. In terms of amenities for the kids, I think it's the best CL has to offer (and as a parent, you will love the loungers and shade around the kids' pool!). The staff is great - but that is true anywhere on CL. The rooms may be a little tired, but they will be clean. There are lots of choices in terms of food, for example, for lunch, you will have the Ranchon (beach restaurant), the pool snack bar, and the pizzeria to choose from (as well as the buffet if you are going in high season). The buffet is air conditioned, which could be an important factor if you are going in the warmer months. I have never had a problem finding lots of things to eat, either for me or for my son.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

I am planning around March/April and may consider the other two resorts you have receommended. I will definitely look forward to your response after you return from your trip. Thank you for your feedback ! Have a safe and happy trip :)

toragirl
Level Contributor
106 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

We're going to the Pelicano over Christmas - I'll be sure to add a review of the kids club. I'm sure we'll have a chance to see the other hotels as well.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

Thank you very much toragirl will wait for your reply :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

veruvenus, fyi if you search TA for Sol Pelicano Kids Club and then filter by reviews, you will get 13 review including that topic...

7. Re: kids club @ Sol Cayo Largo???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Largo
Recent Conversations