We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe for infants?

Brampton
Level Contributor
992 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Safe for infants?

OK I've been to Cayo Largo I think it was two years ago, me and my husband and stayed at Sol Cayo Largo. This is my husbands favorite spot. He wants to go again this year but wants to try Sol Pelicino. I have never been to Cuba with a infant but will be travelling this year with a 9 month old. Is Cayo largo good for infants. Is there doctors or a hospital ear by incase of emergancies? I'm just a lilttle worried about taking a 9 month old to Cuba (no offense). Also i'm torn between the resorts. Sol Pelicino seems nice but I loved Sol Cayo largo. The price is WAY cheaper for Pelicno so I dunno if we should spend the extra money and go for what I know (Sol Cayo Largo). Also Hotel Playa Blanca seems nice aswell. I need a resort that is stroller friendly too. Any thoughts? TIA

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe for infants?

My son had his second visit to the Pelicano at 9 months (and his third trip to Cuba)! No worries at all. There is an international clinic at the village, it's opened 24 hours (and it's only 8 minutes away!).

My pediatrician had agreed to give me a presription for antibiotics, just in case. I asked the pharmacist (here) to give me only the powder, with instructions on how to mix in the water (which is what they do at the pharmacy when you get liquid antibiotics for kids). I didn't need to use the prescription, but if the doctor had diagnosed an ear infection, for example, I knew I had the required medication (and the right dosage) with me.

At 9 months old, the baby won't know the difference between resorts, LOL! But depending on the time of the year you are going, you (and your baby!) might appreciate the air-conditioned buffet at the Pelicano. There is also a very small playground at the Pelicano, but your baby might be a bit young for that. But the kids pool is great, you could sit in it and have your baby play in the water, it's about 1 foot deep.

The Pelicano is totally stroller friendly.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,591 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe for infants?

I agree. Same with Playa Blanca, playground, kids pool,air conditioned buffet and stroller friendly but much shorter distances.

The local hospital can mix "Banana Medicine" from powder too.

You can't go wrong on Cayo Largo.

It's super safe for us and for our kids.

3. Re: Safe for infants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Largo
Recent Conversations