We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few Questions

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Few Questions

Hi everyone, im visiting in april with my mother and brother and I just have a few questions:

-I understand that CL is a CO beach and I was just wondering if there will be a lot of nudists right outside the hotel or not?

-could anyone tell me the minimum age to purchase alcohol?

-does anyone know the times the shuttle leaves and returns to Playa Paraiso/Sirena?

-And finally what is the average temperature in April, hopefully it'll be hot,were hoping for 30 degrees and is it always sunny or is there usually a lot of cloud/rain etc

thankyou so much and do tell me if any of you plan to visit from april 3rd

(oh and before i forget are there any snorkeling opportunities in CL ?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few Questions

To answer your question on the location of the CO beach and the times for the shuttle, other members will want to know what hotel you are thinking of.

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Few Questions

SCL hotel

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few Questions

The CO section of the beach at the Sol CL is at the western edge of the beach, to the far right as you are facing the water.

April is my favorite time to go, it's hot but not quite as humid as May. Bring mosquito repellent to be on the safe side.

The shuttle's schedule will be posted at reception, or you can take a cab for 2 cuc per person. There are three shuttles in the morning between 9 and 11. Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will confirm the exact times. If not, the Cayo Largo website should have the exact times www.cayolargo.net

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Few Questions

CayoLargo2 - thankyou very much!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few Questions

it's my understanding minimum age to purchase alcohol in Cuba is 16

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Few Questions

I'm surprised the age limit is so low, to even purchase alcohol in the UK you have to be 21 and thank you!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Few Questions

In the province of Quebec, it's 18, not too much different from Cuba.

I think 21 is way too extreme. Don't they send people off to war at 18?

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Few Questions

But in the UK, you can go to a pub and see much younger people drinking if they are with their parents.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
9,534 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Few Questions

Underage drinking is pretty much a non issue for Cubans.

There are Beer Vending machines on the streets in Havana.

Have Fun!

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Few Questions

There are snorkelling opportunities off the beach in front of Sol and Lindamar, if the water is calm enough to allow it. There are also places en route to Playa Sirena. It used to be good off the beach at Punta Mal Tiempo, but the sand has built up and buried much of the close in reef in that area last time I was there. You can also snorkel behind the sand spit at Playa Sirena. The water is very shallow with some deep holes. Usually there are Starfish and often juvenile reef fish, especially if there is anywhere for them to hide. There were many varietals making a tree stump in the water their home (about a foot of water at low tide!).

You can also ask at the nautical center at Playa Sirena. Likely someone will take you out to the reef for a nominal fee. Of course, if you take the excursion you go out the the reef near the rock islands, and it is pretty good out there.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Largo