We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

Anyone use Hola Sun & Cubana Air recently ? We want to book Sol Cayo Largo for our anniversary 1st week in April but our travel agent ( Marlin Travel) isn't recommending them, any info or recommendations for other travel agents or tour operators for that approx. date flying from Toronto would be appreciated.

Cheers

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

Is HolaSun using Cubana this year or CanJet?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

Currently they are using Airtransat but our travel agent says they will sometimes switch to Cubana Air

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

Air Cubana always got top marks and other than beach, the Sol is pretty much what it was last year.

We use Air Canada and I see they are more competitive in the Toronto market this year. Plus the seating isn't bad, the Sol gives extras for AC but it's not direct.

Is it TMR that uses CanJet?

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

No problem with Cubana? They have superior flight times and more legroom.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

I'd rather fly Cubana than Air Canada, based on my own experience.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

Thanks everyone !! Hola Sun is $200. pp cheaper than TMR both are using Airtransat at the moment, Cayo Largo 1st trip here we come !! WOO HOO

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

Have a great trip!

Guelph
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

We flew Cubana a few years back against the advise of a couple of AC pilot friends of mine. They spoke of antiquated equipment and a poor safety record. These are good friends so I do not believe they were embellishing the story. At the time there were no other carriers available to us so we took the chance. I have to say it was the best flight we have ever had flying into Cayo Largo. It was a brand new air craft, we got fed a decent meal and the attendants were excellent. I'd use them again in a heartbeat if they were available.

Guelph
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

We booked through Hola again this year. They are using Air Transat as the carrier. I always pay the upstroke and reserve exit aisle seats. Told our agent we wanted 16A and B. When the seat confirmation arrived she had us as 14A and B. Found out this morning Transat is flying 310-300's into CL this year rather and 737's.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking through Hola Sun & Cubana Air ?

We would fly with Cubana any time!!!!

we have flown with them and it was the best experience ever!

large seats, meal and alcoholic beverages included