We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer vendor at airport?

Niagara Falls, On
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beer vendor at airport?

How much are the beers selling for this year at the airport? Hope he is there when we arrive around 9 pm. Last Dec. it was $7.00 US for a beer at the Punta Cana airport.

Montreal
Level Contributor
248 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

No beer sold in the village? Really? There used to be a great Buccanero vending machine.

Edited: 25 April 2014, 15:07
Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

Didn't I read somewhere that there was a shortage of Cristal in certain parts of Cuba? If that is the case, it could simply be a matter of supplies, which are often more difficult to get (or take longer to arrive) for Isla de la Juventud and Cayo Largo.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

And in over a dozen visits, I've never taken a bus on Cayo Largo, I've taken the small vans and I've taken cabs, but never a bus! Either way, I've never waited long enough to have a beer, that's for sure! ;)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

I'm sure it's just temporary, even the stores around Jibacoa, not just the resort tiendas, but the ones near the Cuban campgrounds run out of beer for sale once in a while. Unforgiveable, but it happens.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

There is a problem with production of Cristal and Bucannero at the Holguin brewery.

That's the one that's a Labatt's partner. There have been shortages all over Cuba. All tourist areas have taken a beating in the reviews over the low supply.

Have a look at this story:

http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=103227

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

When we landed in Santa Clara on April 15th there was no beer at the airport - they said there was a shortage but it should be fixed shortly!! There were a lot of not very happy people let me tell you!! On the other hand - the guy sure sold a lot of rum and coke!!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

This year, the beer guy only sold a dozen or so to the 150 arrivals. He was closing his stand before the buses left.

Beer at two resort bars ran out on March 23rd for a few hours despite the fact that bottled Cristal was available at the Tiendas. Then it ran out everywhere before the boat arrived for 6 hours and was back again to the 27th of March when we left.

Like Rum, Coffee and Honey, it reinforces the adage to "buy when you see it" on Cayo Largo.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

cold beer at 11:0 am upon arriving in Cayo Largo is a ritual! can not be missed..hey mister- buy me a beer? :)

Ottawa_ON
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

Maybe, but my wife will be there. I hope she doesn't mind.

20. Re: Beer vendor at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Largo