We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Largo weather in August

1 post
Save Topic
Cayo Largo weather in August

Planning a trip for August to Cayo Largo over the Civic holiday. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like?

I have heard that it is TOO hot to handle and to go to Cayo Coco instead.

Advice?

Many thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

It will be hot and humid. You are also in hurricane season. Unlikely though that you'll see one. We are off to Cayo Coco end of July, first week Aug. Looking forward to the relaxation.

Cheers

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

VERY hot and VERY humid, and Cayo Coco won't be much cooler, that's for sure!

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

We were at Sol Cayo Largo last August...it was hot and humid, but there was always a breeze on the beach and it wasn't unpleasant at all. I would go back in a minute!

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
323 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

Agree with "all of the above"! If you'd like to know what else to expect on Cayo Largo in the summer, you can read our first "steamy and sultry" experience on the island:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g737152-d2639…

Cheers!

;-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

I went once on the first week of September. By mid afternoon, I hid in my room for an hour or two basking in coolness of the air conditioner. It was really something else. Still I might go back this September again, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Its okay if you stay near the beach but for walking around the area, I only ventured out in the early morning.

Canada
Level Contributor
731 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

@ Jessica...as mentioned it will be hot;

July, August, September, generally the same temps regardless where you choose to go, we have been to Varadero, Santa Maria, Coco / Guillermo, Holguin & Largo all in July, August, September, the only way you will notice any dif in temps is if a tropical depression heads over you, keep in mind that Cuba is 1250km long, 780 miles, so what happens at one end of the island may not necessarily affect the other...also Largo is on the Caribbean & Coco is on the Atlantic depends what you prefer...safe travels

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

Whoever told you to go to Cayo Coco because it will be cooler, is either a Cayo Coco tourist rep or badly misinformed. It will be hot, hot, hot in both places.

Weather is difficult to predict, but I CAN guarantee you that it will not snow in either location.......

RWS

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,754 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

Nice to know it's guaranteed to be HOT- HOT on your vacation week.

Here, we can have rain, fog and windy weather in August. Even a cold night. Brrrr.

Have Fun!

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
323 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

RWS is right on with their advice...

If you want to know what it's like in the greater/larger Cayo Santa Maria Area, near Cayo Coco, here's our experience at Ensenachos in the summer one year.... including the actual weather ~ compared to the forecast:

***For those who do want to know what it's like on Ensenachos during the summer, we experienced our first ever July/August Caribbean vacation with our third visit. Since our Canadian summer was basically a washout, we counted ourselves very fortunate to have decided to travel at this time this year. We found there to be a number of variances between a winter getaway and being in the tropics in the middle of summer***....

tripadvisor.com/…47869088

10. Re: Cayo Largo weather in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17