We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with two children in early July

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Traveling with two children in early July

Hi,

We are traveling through southeast asia this summer with our 5 & 7 year old. Is the slowboat from Huay Xai to LB appropriate or recommended for kids? Is it two days?

If not recommended, what do you suggest for three days in Laos with kids?

thank you in advance?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with two children in early July

I took my teenage son and he loved it. Played cards, read a book, watched some DVDs and enjoyed the local scenery. Depends what your kids are like- can they entertain themselves or do they need to be entertained.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 12:22
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with two children in early July

They can entertain themselves for a bit but also need to be entertained as they are 5 & 7. Seems like a long trip so I was just wondering.

3. Re: Traveling with two children in early July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:16