We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

Save Topic
My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

Hi everyone, I'm looking at booking just j we a weeks stay at My Meric Hotel in turunc, is this place any good and what about out side the hotel. Never been here before so if anyone has anything to say about this then please get back to me :) thanks,

Luke

england
Level Contributor
308 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

I can't say much about the hotel or its situation geographically as never stayed but Turunc is a lovely place to visit. Whatever the age it has something for everyone. Plenty of places to eat and drink.

manchester
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

I have just booked for beginning of July, it seems all the bars and restaurants are right outside the hotel with only a few mins to the beach, it seemed a bargin and I can not wait to go!

Save Reply
3. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

Yeah I was looking start of October, for like £240 all inclusive, just never been before. All the reviews seem pretty good.

Save Reply
4. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

And yeah I've heard a lot of people talk about a place called the walk in bar or something, when you get back will tell me all about it please? Think I'm going to book it this week. Not sure what the weather is going to be like at start of October though :/ you staying at the the same hotel as I'm talking about?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

The Walk Inn Bar is just across the road from My Meric Hotel, other bars/restaurants all within a few minutes walk & the beach just a couple of minutes away. Never stayed at the hotel as we don't do all inclusive, but people we've spoke to who have been staying there say that the hotel is ok but the food wasn't brilliant, but this may have improved now. Be prepared for a long transfer, but Turunc is worth it when you get there!

Save Reply
6. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

Thanks, how long of a transfer?

Save Reply
7. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

Also how far is it from marmaris? Is it easy to get to ect..

I've heard there's a big market there, wouldn't mind seeing it

england
Level Contributor
308 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

Transfer is about 3 hours I think. Sometimes less. You can get the dolmus or water taxi to Marmaris which takes about an hour? That might not be right but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Weather in October I think can be quite rainy and chilly but you can have a few nice days. But you never know. Could be beautiful all the time then.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 09:45
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

First time we went to Turunc was on a package & the transfer took over 3 hours, as was dropping people off all over Marmaris & Icmeler. Since then (8 years ago), we've always hired a car from the airport, & the drive takes about 90 mins, so it all depends on who you book with as to whether you'll be on a big bus dropping people off, or on a minibus going straight to Turunc. Marmaris is quite a bit less than an hour by Dolmus, I think, water taxi takes a little longer than the dolmus. Never been to Turkey in October so don't really know about the weather, but would imagine there's more chance of a bit of rain than if you go earlier. We're taking the risk again of a long transfer this year as we got a good deal with a package!! By the way, the Walk Inn Bar has a music license till 4am, so you'll be ok for a late drink, although it was very quiet in there last year.

Save Reply
10. Re: My Meric Hotel Turunc, Turkey. ??

Only going in October due to finding a cheap deal, was meant to be £236 per person in a 4* hotel for 10 nights all inclusive including flights. But I rang up today and it doesn't include baggage or transfers so if shot up to £380 or something. Still not bad but I've been out of now by the bad reviews of the company who provide the holiday. (Super Escapes) Im 21 and this is only my second holiday away with out parents so I'm still new to all this. Too much stress haha!!

Get answers to your questions about Turunc
Recent Conversations