We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Topic
Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

HI...I am travelling to Corfu/San stefanos on the 26th September for 2 weeks and I am somewhat stuck as to what types of clothing I should take with me and would b grateful for any advice that you may be able to give me.

I am used to the very hot temperatures in Crete in July and thought that Corfu would still be "bikini and swimming weather" at the end of September/start of October..however having checked the forecast and looked at the weather over the past few days I now have no idea what to expect and therefore I would b very grateful if someone could give me an idea of the average weather to expect so I can take appropriate clothing with me.

I would also appreciate any advice re "places of interest" in this area of Corfu.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

K

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

We have been at this time before and are going on 26th again it still tends to be warm but always take a fold up mac and brolly it can be warm and sunny and then pour with rain I keep looking at forecast and keep hoping it will change.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

Sorry forgot light jacket or jumper usually needed as evenings tend to be cool

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

http://www.corfu-weather.info/

Weather changed this week after months of very hot weather , ist rain since may in this area of Corfu

sea will remain warm , greeks swim right up to xmas , you will get a mixed bag weatherwise , , but not the seering heat of july , and August , bring comfy shoes, plastic mac , as ideal for walking ,tavernas will be open in resort , and coach trips still running , boat trips depend on weather , from day to day/

local tour shops cheaper than reps in accomadation. also resort buses run daily

visit corfu town , Paliokastritsa, for views you will remember forever, and take the east coast cruise if running, great day out

We have had lovely weather here even in december , and beyond , have a lovely holiday, and enjoy your stay

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

get some tiger balm from your local pound shop //// great if you get mozzie bite the little blighters about in force last night

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

Many thanks for your advice, I will certainly pop a cardigan into my case now and hope just like you that the forecast turns so I can at least get my bikini/shorts and vest on. Do have a lovely holiday.

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

Thankyou so much for all of your helpful advice re the weather and places to visit, I have purchased a book on Corfu as i like to experience the culture of a town when I visit it and will certainly heed ur advice as to where to purchase any trips and also your advice re the mosquito's. I always take walking shoes with me and will now also pack a cardigan and a mac. i can only hope that the daytime temperatures allow me to make use of my bikini +/or shorts and vest t-shirt, thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
7. Re: Average Weather In Corfu/San Stefanos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Agios Stefanos