We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach

There seems to be a lot of discussion on different forums about the state of the beach in San Stef. It certainly looks a mess on the webcam, with one end, near Waves Taverna, completely unusable.

I wonder how other resorts cope, ie Arillas etc, who must have the same problem and don't seem to wait for the council to sort it out.

We go soon and usually use the beds outside Waves and last year if you had a drink and snack the beds were free.

Looks like it will be a pool holiday this year.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach

Hi Morwin, They are busy clearing the beach yesterday and today. Various debates about local government, non payment of bills and the over Winter weather and recent storms and prevailing wind direction -there is a lot more this year than usual and it has been sad to see it left this long - But crucially they are now clearing it. Phew :)

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach

Hi 45AJW - Yes, I too have been keeping an eye on the live webcam and saw them working late last night to clear the seaweed. I think all the comments on the forums must have had the desired effect. The beach looks now completely cleared so hopefully we can look forward to sunbeds outside Waves, Manthos etc and enjoy their wonderful food.

Have you been following the thread on the main Corfu forum when someone likened it to Benidorm? I think we regulars will have to book early next year, as the from the glowing reports from everyone it will be fully booked!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach

The sea has been quite rough going into the start of the season....and it does take time to clear the seaweed which comes ashore....I can assure you that the North West of the island will be clearing the beaches, but if the sea is rough, it does come ashore...and it has been a bit rougher this year into May.

Once the sea settles which hopefully it will soon...then the beaches will be clear and it will be business as usual....

Hope you all have a lovely holiday

Fi x

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach

Hi Morwin, Yes I have followed the beach post and added my little bit it was so misguided something had to be said. It was also quite an insult to the hardworking friendly villagers (and to the people who visit) I felt but hey I guess everyone has their personal paradise and if the gentleman doesn't want to share ours that is fine by me. I offered our teenagers (13 and 15) the choice of holiday this year thinking maybe they would want somewhere more lively or with more activities but the response was an emphatic 'no we are going back to San Stephanos we love it and feel safe there'. That made me very happy. I think maybe you are right though Morwin we will be having to book early with all our glowing reports!!

5. Re: Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Agios Stefanos
Recent Conversations