We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

Has anyone stayed here? I would really appreciate some feedback on the villa. I would also appreciate some clarity on whether lourdas beach is stony or sand, and if anyone can recommend any other good beaches. Thanks a lot. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

I've not stayed at the Lourdas Villas so can't comment on them, but can give you info on the beach. Lourdas beach is sandy. You can walk all the way along probably some of the best, cleanest beaches to Trapezaki beach via Kanali beach. It may mean scrambling over some rocks but a great little taverna Denis at Trapezaki beach where you can get a lovely snack, hot or cold drinks.

We do the walk almost daily, either starting at kanali or Trapezaki then up the hill ( a good hike) to have a coffee in the quaintest of cafes/shop run by Thornton. Great views from there. It's half way up the hill from Lourdas & Vaichata.

Also on that road higher up is bar360 again nice for a cold drink.

If you have a car then the beach at St Thomas is very nice, again a lovely place to have a snack/drink at a little place run by a lovely lady.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,433 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

Hi Sparky,

Lourdas beach is a mixture of sand and shingle.

If by good beaches you mean sandy, then you cannot beat Lassi. There is also Kaminia beach near Skala. The sea is shallow for about 50 metres out.

Several others along the South coast are sandy.

However my favourite beach is Antisamos. It is in a great setting, the sunbeds and umbrellas are free, there are two tavernas competing for your trade. The beach is pebbly but the sunbeds on the front row are only a metre from the sea. It does slope quite quickly but is very safe to swim.

Sorry can't help about the villa.

I have looked on tripadvisor for a review and just seen your earlier question.

As you have children I really recommend Kaminia beach because of its safe swimming.

You will need a car for anything on Kefalonia as the public transport is not good for tourists.

If transfer is not included in your holiday I suggest you consider hiring a car to collect from, and return to, the airport. This will save you about 30+ euros each way. look at Pefanis, Greekstones, Venus car hire, all of whom are recommended and come with full insurance with no excesses.

Any other questions do not hesitate to ask

Bob

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

Bob, thanks for your reply, will definitely take your advice on beaches and check out your suggestions. Counting down the days to our holiday 1st holiday in some time, we have spent a lot on holiday, so just want to make sure we know what to expect and try and get the most out of our break. We have got a hire car so we can explore other parts of the island. Thanks a lot for your feedback

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

Thanks for your feedback,scramblng across rocks not a problem,if it gets us to some nice beaches. Will

check out the tavernas and bar that you suggested. Do you live in Lourdas area? Your comment on doing the walk nearly every day would suggest you do. Any other top tips for a family, 2 children 9 and 11 travelling to Lourdas in August this year.Thanks or taking the time to reply. I really do appreciate your comments.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

Bob, thanks for yor earlier update was just wondering if you know roughly how long it would take to get to lassi and kamina beach by car. I have tried looking at the maps on line but itis hard. To get an idea. Of the distance. I definitely want to take up your advice on the beaches as I am nervous about swimming at some of the beaches seeing your reports on deeply shelving beaches and strong currents. Any update greatly appreciated only approx 4 weeks and counting until our first trip to kefalonia.

UK
Level Contributor
591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

friends of ours had a fab lunch in Lorraines Magic Hill restaurant in Lourdas at Easter.. lots of homegrown produce

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
513 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

From Lourdas to Lassi about 30 minutes & about the same to Kaminia beach

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

we stayed in Lourdas and used Kamenia beach with our grandson begining of June. took approx 30 mins but such a lovely beach as grandson does like doesnt like pebbles on beach

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,433 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

Hi again,

You will almost certainly get a map with your car hire that is good enough for visiting most places on the tourist trail. If you are hiring from Pefanis then Kaminia Beach is not shown on their maps but you just turn right in Ratzakli

Bob

10. Re: Lourdas villas, villa Xanthy and lourdas beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Lourdata
Recent Conversations