We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sterling or Euros?

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sterling or Euros?

We are coming to Lourdas in September - are we better off bringing sterling to change locally (is there anywhere in town to change cash?) or get our Euros before we come? What is the sort of rate available at the moment?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,433 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sterling or Euros?

Hi,

It is usually best to change your money into euros before you go.

I don't know Lourdas that well but in most resorts the tourist shops will change Sterling for you but at a worst rate than you get in the UK. Just how much worse depends on the competition between the shops.

The only time it is often better to wait is if you are not organised and were thinking of just getting some at Gatwick (or another UK airport) as the instant rate there is lousy.

We usually take what we think we will need in Euros with some Sterling as back up and a debit card as back up to our back up!

As far as I know the nearest ATMs are in Lassi, Skala and the airport.

Bob

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sterling or Euros?

Thanks Bob. To be fair that is what we usually do so will stick with that.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sterling or Euros?

we took all Euros and had some back up money in Sterling.

which I forgot about till the other day and will be using the Sterling now for my trip to Israel.

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sterling or Euros?

Bob said it all, nothing to add. Thread closed

5. Re: Sterling or Euros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Lourdata
Recent Conversations