We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lourdas Car Hire

Leeds
Level Contributor
28 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Lourdas Car Hire

We are coming out to Lourdas next week and would like to book a few days car hire. Does anyone know if there is a rental place there or would we need to go to Argostoli? Also do we just need both parts of our UK driving licences?

Also we are wanting to book a boat trip but prefer not to go through the tour operator as I'm sure it's cheaper to arrange this ourselves! Are there any boat trips from Lourdas beach?

Any help really appreciated. Thanks!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

There are a couple of car hire places in Vlachata (top of the hill in Lourdas). Depending on where your accommodation is, these may be close by.

If you look at Bobs posts on car hire, he gives a list of companies - one or more of them may be prepared to deliver a car to your apartment.

You need both parts of your UK driving licence.

Escape Club rent motor boats from the main beach in Lourdata.

That is a little info to get you started - I am sure others will be along with more!

garedd-m.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

Hi Beth,

Have a look at reply number 6 in this link for car hire details.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189457-i1615-k7…

I am not sure which, if any have offices in Vlachata or Lourdas. Most companies will deliver but for only a few days there may be a charge. You are unlikely to be able to pre-book for less than three days but obviously if you turn up on the day and they still have one then they will be pleased to help.

The motor boat hire suggested by garedd-m are self drive and have a legal limit of 3 miles from base, if you want a boat excursion then I am fairly certain you will have to go to one of Skala, Argostoli, Sami, Agia Efimia or Fiscardo. Unless you are prepared to have a car for that day which then sits on a harbour all day it is one of those times when using the tour operator probably makes economic sense.

Have a great time

Bob

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

CBR are in Vlachata. . we used Venus car hire and Kostas delivered. may be wise to pre book . e-mail , you dont need a deposit and there services are excellent.

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

Greekstones ask for your driving licence (take both parts, just in case) plus your passport. I can't remember what Pefanis asked for, but I'm guessing it would be pretty much the same. I have not rented from the other companies mentioned but I've not heard anything bad about any of them.

Leeds
Level Contributor
28 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I checked out the CBR website and they have an office in Lourdas. We got a quote for 4 days for 120 Euros which seems a bargain so I've paid the deposit online. Just need to find their office when we arrive but I'm guessing it's not a big place!

Sooo excited now. 6 more sleeps!!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

Contact them Beth and they may well deliver.

Have a great time and practise hill starts!! ;-)

Bob

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

There office is on the main street in Vlahata. Nice guy runs it called Steve.can't miss it by the Olive Lounge.

Where are you stopping in Lourdas.?

Leeds
Level Contributor
28 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

Ha ha! Will do, Bob. Thanks again!

Leeds
Level Contributor
28 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

Thanks Steve. We're staying at the Sauolos Studios. Is that near the Olive lounge?

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lourdas Car Hire

CBR near there minutes walk. Have a great holiday .

Get answers to your questions about Lourdas