We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beaches bars and resurants

uk
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best beaches bars and resurants

hi all thinking of going to kefalonia 2015 what is best area with bars resurants and sandy beaches for two weeks. thanks

Level Contributor
2,947 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beaches bars and resurants

Hi UkErictina, only read your post curious to see why no one had replied as it's posted in the Lourdas forum. Might be better to re post under Cephalonia to get more response. Being a bit biased I'd go for Lassi which has great sandy beaches, a good & wide choice of restaurants & tavernas & is close to Argostoli. Good planning

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best beaches bars and resurants

I would definitely go for Lourdas, but then I am totally biased like everyone else here!!

Lourdas is the area behind Lourdas bay and includes Trapezaki, Vlachata and Lourdata (as well as several other villages, but these three are the ones with the tourist accommodation).

The beach is about 2½ Km long and mainly sandy. Lourdata and Trapezaki are close to the beach, Vlachata about 1½ Km from the beach.

All three have a good selection of bars and restaurants. Vlachata has supermarkets with a wide selection of goods and is used by the locals when they don't wish to go to Argostoli for a major shopping expedition.

Lourdas is about 15-20 minutes from Argostoli by car or taxi.

Some general information can be found at http://www.lourdataholidays.co.uk/

Now it leave it to others to tell you about their favourite places!

garedd-m.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beaches bars and resurants

I would go Lourdas area also as booked for a month next year and stayed in that are for last 7 times in Kefalonia. Like scala as well and also Katelios are. Love Kamenia beach so sandy and water very shallow.

Depends what your looking for but all main areas are good . Lassi near to Argostoli easy walking distance and not far from airport as few beaches which I think are to commercial.

uk
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best beaches bars and resurants

Thanks all

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,300 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best beaches bars and resurants

Hi UkEricTina

Only thing against Lourdas area is you would really need to hire a car if there for two weeks. Unless of course you intend to spend all the time on the beach or in a café/bar or taverna.

Bob

6. Re: best beaches bars and resurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Lourdas
Recent Conversations