We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

Hi

Off to Nissaki in August. I love a pebble beach, but my feet do not. Can you buy the jelly type shoes for the water at the nearby shops? Or am i best to buy here? We are staying at the Sea view, i know thee are 2 shops close by, but not sure if they stock "beach accessories"

Thanks

Ps, are there sea urchins at the little beach?

bristol
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

Hi jellies can be bought locally in Nissaki, as can all beach bits and bobs, mats parasols etc. I have never seen urchins from the small beach in the bay but they are around the more rocky outcrops in the area, but not as many as I have seen elsewhere. The sea around here is beautiful for swimming.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 21:50
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

Thank you for your help again.

It does look beautiful, the sea colour gorgeous. Have stopped off at this area on previous trips to Corfu but never stayed there. Looking forward to eating at one of the tavernas in Agni again, would be fun to go by boat.

I had a bad experience with a sea urchin in Thasos years back which i dont want repeating!

Think I will buy shoes over there and save on luggage weight.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

An alternative to "jelly shoes" are the little canvas slipons (or with a zip) that are primarily used by windsurfers. I bought a really great pair last year on Poros, when I realised I hadn't packed my pair from home.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 01:10
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

Good idea! I have some already, but mine have no zip so a bit tricky to put on-especially if my feet go pig's trotter-esque from the heat. (not a good look!)

Baildon
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

you can def buy the surfer-zip canvas shoes down at the beach, for kids and adults. In fact, don't take any inflatables as you can buy locally very cheaply and there are always tonnes left at the Nissaki SV pool in Aug! We're going back for fourth year!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

Thats great, thank you. Seems like we've picked a gem of a place to stay. Roll on August!

7. Re: Beach shoes (jelly shoes)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Nissaki
Recent Conversations