We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Which Tsilivi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kilkenny
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Hi Folks, I am off to Tsilivi in 4 weeks time with my husband and 3 boys, 15, 10 & 5. We are staying in the Planos Bay Apartments and I would love some recommendations. Things like nearby supermarkets, where to eat that wont break the bank, day trips that wont bore a teenager, family friendly bars and great beaches etc. I would really appreciate any advice as this is our first holiday in years and I want it to be a great one. Thanks.

Essex
Level Contributor
501 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Here's a map for your info showing you where you are in the resort. If you go to the bottom right of the map and slightly inland you will see your hotel opposite the Tsilvi Admiral.

Almost everything in Tsiliv is geared towards the family so any of the bars will be welcoming. Magdalena's is good in that it often has UK videos of comedians, sports as well as karaoke. Popeyes and Gyroland offer good value but to be honest every few feet you walk you'll spot another place with reasonable prices and good food. Supermarkets are also plentiful so you'll have no problem at all. I think Tsivli has something for everyone and it must be the least boring place I've ever been.

Essex
Level Contributor
501 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

mappery.com/maps/Tsilivi-Tourist-Map.jpg

Would help if I included the link lol

Swansea
Level Contributor
221 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Also go to www.virtualzakynthos.gr. You will see Tsilivi so scroll down to hotels etc and look for Planos Bay Apartments. This website will take you all over Tsilivi

Swansea
Level Contributor
221 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

I have just had a look and they are under apartments. You will see footprints on the road just press and they will take you up and down that road also you can zoom in and out.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
123 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Happy to recommend Bowl M Over at other end of town from Planos Bay, pool tables, tenpin bowling, air hockey and crazy golf, opened all day and well in to the night.

Great staff, well priced, snacks and drinks available, ideal to keep your family entertained,

Google bowl m over tsilivi for their website, location etc.

Edited: 28 June 2013, 21:43
Level Contributor
288 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Go in Friends bar which is close to where you are staying really good and friendly bar.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Have stayed in these apartments 3 times, sure you will be ok with them.

Quite near to you and next to the Admiral apartments is Stamnes which is a really good restaurants. Staff make you feel at home, food is good and plentiful and the weekly Greek night is worth going to.

There is a supermarket just opposite the Admiral which caters for water , bread , fresh items etc

When you venture further afield you have to go to the Two Brothers, great bar and the entertainment in there has got to be seen to be believed !

On your way to the Two Brothers,( to reach this you go out of your apartments, turn left to the top, and walk about 10 mins, it's on the right ) before you get to the bar you come to Hotel Mediterannean on your right, at the front of this is the Med Grill which have a great breakfast for a reasonable price, been 4 euros for the past 3 years , you get a large fruit juice , cooked breakfast of your choice, toast and butter , and a large tea or coffee. Meals in here are good also.

Opposite the Med Grill is a good Italian, Il Gusto, if you fancy a change. Another good restaurant to go to is

opposite Med Grill about 2 minutes down the road, turn at Hotel Alamis and 2 minutes on your right is Dionysos Grill. Lovely food and the wine is the deal breaker, 4 euros for a litre, and it is quite tasty. Bet you will go back to this one.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Kilkenny
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Thanks everyone for the great recommendations, I'm looking forward more than ever to my holidays now. Any recommendations about day trips?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

Nefis Travel seem quite a good agent , they have one or two offices.

The trips round the island are worth it, you can have one by coach where there are stops along the way or by boat with different stops. They visit the shipwreck on both, the coach one allows you to look down on it, can take photos. The boat one you sail nearby. If I can remember, the coach one stops and you can either sit and have a drink / meal or get on a smaller boat and travel through where the big boats can't get.

There is one trip which I experienced last September where you go of an evening , pick up about 5 ish and you stop looking down on Zante Town, ice creams nearby , take some great pictures from this vantage place. You then travel into Zante Town, where you can look round, have meal or whatever you wish. Seem to remember we visited a winery. Returns to Tsilivi about 10.00 pm. So not too late.

Kilkenny
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for family of 5 in Tsilivi

That evening trip sounds great, thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Tsilivi