We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre paid cards

Which Tsilivi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pre paid cards

Can some one explain to me these pre paid cards confused, my mum has been banging on about travellers cheques told her they was sooo out of date lol was going to take all cash but not sure now

Level Contributor
286 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre paid cards

We use the pre paid cards. All you do is put however much money you want on the card and draw the money out of a cash machine in the resort, its just like using a bank card. It cost you 2 Euros everytime you use the card but its worth it as you not carrying or leaving large amounts of cash about or in your apartment. If i remember right it doesn't tell you on the screen how much you have left when you drawn some money out so you just have to remember what you are taking out and how much you have left. Will be using our card again when we get there on Thursday.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre paid cards

Travellers cheques are a thing of the past. You may have difficulty cashing them and if there euro cheques you will pay too cash them in. If sterling the the exchange rate will be a lot lower than what you get in UK.

As stated above cash cards are just liked debit cards from UK. You can use them in ATMS some shops and restaurants however most people prefer cash So in essance you use them as a safe to withdraw cash.

Not all cash cards charge you to withdraw CAXTON FX have the one of the best exchange rates and your balance is yours no charge for withdrawls and easy to load from txt,phone calls or via an app or on line.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre paid cards

Where u get these cards from

And what's the best one.... Thanks x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre paid cards

The are lots of opinions on which is the best.

I think Caxton is the best. Here's more info

www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/euros/

Edited: 19 July 2014, 09:40
5. Re: Pre paid cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Tsilivi