We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

Which Tsilivi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harrogate
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

Been to Stalis for the last few years and think its time for a change. Heard good things about Tsilivi...so is it like stalis?

Are there enough bars and taverns for a fortnight? Whats the beach like and are there some beach bars.

Is Tsilivi busy during July dont wont it too quiet or like a ghost town.

Can you also tell me youre three favourite things about Tsilivi.

Thanks all.

cheshire
Level Contributor
987 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

been to both

love tsilivi hated stalis.

when i was looking to go to stalis people on here told me its just like tsilivi, ITS NOT.

there are plenty of bars and restaurants in tsilivi open till stupid oclock if you want, but its more chilled and relaxing.

you can walk down the road without having to jump out of the way of traffic.

there are people trying to get you to go in to some of the restaurants but its friendly banter, i found them in stalis to be forceful , you may disagree.

you will love tsilivi

middx
Level Contributor
373 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

Hi, been to both although Tsilivi was 8 years ago, I personally wouldn't return, not because I didn't like it but just for me, second year in Stalida, on balance I preferred stalis, didn't find much difference in restaurant touts if that's what you call them, found all good natured, however I'm unlikely to return as we prefer the west but it suited our mixed age/ability group to return this year. That said a cousin got married in Tsilivi three years ago and have returned every year since having been a committed Corfu lover

Staffs
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

I have been to both resorts. ( Early July to both Stalis 2010 and Tsilivi 2011). Stalis has lots of bars backing onto the beach and from what I can remember as you walked along the beach each bar would try and get you to use their sun beds so you would buy drinks from them. Tsilivi Beach is backed by more spaced out bars on one half of the beach but we used the beach to the right of Moby Dicks which was more open. Stalis has one road running parallel to the sea full of bars and restaurants compared to Tsilivi with one running up and out northwards and another forking to the right. I think there is a more open/rural feel to Tsilivi than Stalis. There are plenty of restaurants as many as Stalis if not more. Tsilivi was very busy early July and we are returning mid September this year. I have also stayed at Elounda on Crete. I think I prefer Zante, its alot easier to tour round Zante than Crete. Minus points for both resorts were the constant stream of women offering Thai massages when you were trying to relax on the beach!.

Harrogate
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

Thanks for the replies its much appreciated. There sounds like enough taverns but is there enough bars and more importantly chilled out beach bars.

Cheers all.

Staffs
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

If you go on to the following website and zoom in, you can see the lay out of the seafront. The area left of Moby Dicks from the Lifetime beach bar to Boomerang beach bar at the other end. http://www.justzante.co.uk/tsilivi.htm. You can also go onto street view to get a feel of Tsilivi. I didnt really go down the other end as we were quite happy to use the bar and cafe by Moby Dicks. There are lots of other lively bars in Tsilivi but maybe someone else could comment on the bars along the front.

6. Re: Anyone been to Tsilivi and Stalis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tsilivi