We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM in Gialova

Whitstable...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ATM in Gialova

Hi we are going to Gialova in June for the first time. Do you know if it has an ATM machine?

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM in Gialova

I don't remember seeing one but if there isn't, there certainly is one in nearby Pylos. Enjoy Gialova, it's lovely - so is Pylos so it won't be a hardship if you have to go there for cash! Have a walk round the castle and admire the fabulous sea views from its walls; take a boat trip around Navarino Bay to see the shipwrecks; chill out in the tree-shaded square for a cool drink.

Whitstable...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM in Gialova

Thank you!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
444 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM in Gialova

There is one up the road by the souvenir market , here (at least it was one here Sep'16)

https://www.google.se/maps/place/Martin's+shop/@36.9523394,21.7028805,19.63z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x13610d2e02f9e379:0xaf6d515fdad0229b!8m2!3d36.9527373!4d21.7027161

It is a Euronet but provided you use a mastercard / visa it is exactly the same rate as any other as long as you make the correct choice and declines DCC (ie choose to debit your account in EUR)

Edited: 20 May 2018, 07:33
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
6,348 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM in Gialova

Good point, at ATMs never accept the offered “guaranteed rate” conversion to GBP which will be a terrible rate. Select the euros option.

Whitstable...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM in Gialova

Thank you all. Can’t wait!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
444 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM in Gialova

Hi again, just an update, i wanted to use this very ATM today, it is there but now it charges you a 2.95 euro transaction fee :( so better draw your cash in Pylos or Filitria (i cancelled the withdrawal, it informs you on the fee at the dcc screen)

Whitstable...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM in Gialova

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM in Gialova

Hello! Last year I was staying in Gialova for a couple of weeks and there was an ATM in a touristic shop, Martins is the name. Outside of this store was an ATM! The store is inside in Gialova, a few meters from the beach, next to to Zoe Hotel!

Mentioned in this post
Zoe Resort
Zoe Resort
280 Reviews
Gialova, Greece
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
444 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM in Gialova

Yes that's the one i have been referring to, and it is there but now charges you a transaction fee of 2.95 :(

Reply to: ATM in Gialova
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gialova
Recent Conversations