We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

We are going to Assos in June for 2 weeks and have a taxi included in our holiday package from the airport and the return journey.

We shall want to hire a car for a few days while there but are not sure whether to book before we go or leave it til we get there.

Does anyone know if we book over there, do they deliver the hire car to us ? Also, is it more expensive to hire from over there than to book before we go. Would appreciate some feedback on this. Thankyou.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,702 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

Usually better to book before you go as you have a better choice the earlier you book. Not a big problem though in June.

Also you are sat at home with reliable internet to peruse the offers.

However you might be able to haggle if you leave it until you get there and the car hire firms have spare cars that would not otherwise go out.

Will they deliver? Almost certainly!

Will they deliver FREE? It depends on how many days hire and where the company has a base.

There should be no problem if the company you use has a base in Fiscardo as it is only 10 or so miles away. However less certain if the base is in Argostoli or Lassi

No definite answer but hopefully some help.

Assos is a nice holiday base. Enjoy yourself

Bob

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

Thanks Bob. Your reply has been most helpful.

Carol

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

try www.venuscarrental.gr Kostos will give you a quote as he delivers to airport and all over from Katelios

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire

Thanks for your reply. I will try that site but have a feeling that Katelios is quite some distance from Assos so might be expensive to deliver our hire car.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire

Theres also a hire firm in Agia Efimia called Nikos- I would try booking beforehand if poss simply because if you want to avoid delivery charges then you will need to use a local firm and there are fewer in that area.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire

Hi Carol

There's just the one car hire company in Fiscardo (I always discount Pama travel as most of their fleet is tied up with a tour operator and will only rent out the surplus if their client doesn't need/want them)

They are Litsos rentacar. We've used them many times in the past, when we had transfers to Fiscardo included in our 'package'

More recently we've collected a car at the airport and have used price comparison sites, including, Holiday Extras, Argus, Holiday Supermarket. Most give you the option of selecting a collection/delivery point when searching.

Although I wouldn't normally recommend hiring through your rep, with Assos being a bit off the beaten track it might be worth contacting Thomsons to see what they can offer.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,702 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire

Hi fiscardofan,

I was just about to suggest the two Fiscardo sites but didn't know about the Pama "problem".

Thanks for that info.

Holiday extras sometimes "hide" a delivery cost in their quotes.

Bob

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire

Hi Bob

We called in a couple of years ago out of interest and they were the most unhelpful people we've ever encountered in Greece!!

I seem to recall someone else making a similar general comment about the staff there, the personnel may have changed but I don't think so!

camberley
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire

We used cefaloniarentacar.com, having booked it from home 3 weeks before getting there. Cannot recommend it enough, SUPERB service, courteous, punctual and extremely helpful with all our queries. Poly (the owner, with her husband) delivered the car to our hotel in Lourdata at 9 am and came to collect it in the evening of our last day. Excellent prices too, 325 euros for 13 full days. Will definitely use them again if we take another holiday there.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,702 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire

Hi csc,

Looks like you got a good deal. The only point I would make is that if transfers were not included in your holiday you could have booked the car to collect from, and return to, the airport saving yourself the taxi fare. I am pretty sure they would have delivered the car there.

Glad you had a good holiday

Bob

Get answers to your questions about Assos