We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic House.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Olympic House.

Does anyone know whether there are BEACH towels provided at Olympic House. We have booked through Simply Travel and in the small print it mentions that they are but our travel agent wasn't sure. Don't want to use up our luggage allowance unnecessarily. We go on 9th June so prompt reply would be great.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,702 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic House.

Hi Carol,

If it definitely says it in the small print then I would go with that!

To keep to cabin baggage a couple of weeks ago I didn't bother with a beach towel and bought one out there for 7 euros in Sami.

It was a bit flimsy so it fitted in case on way back (not sure wht i bothered!!)

Bob

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic House.

Thanks for your reply Bob. In the small print it doesn't actually say Olympic House, just any Simply Travel house so I'm still not sure whether we need to take beach towels.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic House.

I usually travel with Simply travel. We have always had beach towels provided but as far as I can recall only at places that have swimming pools.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic House.

Thanks for your reply. Olympic house doesn't have a swimming pool but is 5 mins from the beach so I'm still no wiser.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic House.

I really don't think you will have 'beach towels' provided, not least because the water in Assos harbour is extremely salty and it isn't the experience you think it will be. Outside the harbour, it would be too risky with the strong currents which are quite common around this island, especially at Myrtos (when the sea looks opaque from the viewpoint above) important you check this as the undertow can easily bowl you off your feet as it sweeps the pebbles from under your feet. If you can see the seabed clearly then OK.

I'd take the towels and go over to the road between Ag, Efimia and Sami where there are a few lovely little bays to swim from. I was there 10 days ago. A collapsible camping water container (weighs zilch) will allow you to take some to shower off and get the salt away before using your towels.

South Wales
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympic House.

Hello Carol

If you have booked through Simply Travel beach towels are most certainly provided

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympic House.

Thankyou.

We have now returned and am pleased to say we had beach towels provided. But we had to use the same ones for the whole 2 weeks!

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olympic House.

Hi Carol.

Hope you dopnt miond me asking - i was thinking of booking the Olympic House which you mentioned in a forum on tripadvisor. Ive seen one excellent review and one really awful one. Could you comment?

Much appreciated

lorraine holt

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Olympic House.

Hi Lorraine

We had 2 lovely weeks in Olympic house last June. The situation is ideal for the beach, being just a short 3 min walk. There are numerous tavernas within a 3 min walk also 2 mini markets which sell everything you need. We hired a car for a few days which you can park free of charge in the carpark 2 mins walk away. we found it useful to hire a car to visit other places. the only negative with Olympic house is the oven which didn't work too well but that didn't bother us as we ate out each evening.

We would definitely return there.

10. Re: Olympic House.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Assos