We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Diani Sea Lodge and Diani

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Diani Sea Lodge and Diani

Hi guys..

In need of some answers! Girlfriend and I planning a quick 7 day trip and we want sunshine and relaxation as we were too busy for that over the summer nd the British weather didn't exactly give us what we wanted either lol.

So I have looked and found some FANTASTIC deals to Diani Sea Lodge .. That are almost too good to be true!! How is it possible to get a holiday there for under £500, all inclusive? War? Politics? Weather? What's the catch

On that note, what is the weather like in Diani November 1st/2nd?

Does Diani Sea Lodge have air-con in the rooms?

Salt water showers?

Do I need jabs before going?

Any cheap excursions to go and see some wildlife/nature? Boat trips?

Beach towels?

And last but not least... What is the beach like there for swimming and sunbathing?? This is important!

Thanks guys! Look forward to some helpful replies!

regards,

Nick

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Diani Sea Lodge and Diani

HI we usually stay at the Diani Sea Resort the sister hotel to the Sea Lodge and believe it is pretty basic, but I do know there is air conditioning in the rooms and there are plenty of excusions from the beach which you can arrange with the beach guys, you will find most of the showers in Kenya are salt water showers, there is such a water shortage, beach towels are provided for a small deposit.

You will need to see your doctors about jabs and malaria tablets as you will need these.

If you can try to upgrade to the Diani Sea Resort, but if not I am sure you will have a wonderful time and if you are not happy when you arrive I am sure you would be able to transfer to the sister hotel with no problems as none of the hotels are full at the moment.

If you need a good taxi driver while you are there or need any further info on the area please do not hesitate to get in touch by email office@racingrevelations.co.uk

The sea lodge will be clean and the beach is lovely I am sure you will have a wonderful time

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Diani Sea Lodge and Diani

Thanks for your reply! Some good answers!

Still wondering though... What is the beach like there for swimming and sunbathing?? I would like to know if the sand and water is clean? For sunbathing and swimming..?

And also, what is the weather.temperature like there at the moment-beginning of November?

Thanks again!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Diani Sea Lodge and Diani

The beach is lovely for swimming and wonderfully clean, although you do need to look out for the sea urchins they have nasty spikes on them so I would recommend getting some some swim shoes.

The beach would be lovely for sunbathing although most people do not they choose the hotel gardens which run right down to the beach in both resorts or around the pool areas, this is because of the beach guys who can be a bit pushy, don't let this put you off though, Kenya is a wonderful place and we would not go anywhere else.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
547 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Diani Sea Lodge and Diani

The weather will be good at the beginning of November. We have been in October and November and had glorious weather in both months, perhaps with November having the edge on unbroken sunshine. Take high factor suncream as the intensity of the sun is incredible, I am a real sunworshipper but the Kenyan sun forces me to shade in the middle of the day!!!

I envy you your iminenet trip.

5. Re: Questions about Diani Sea Lodge and Diani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 23:18