We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Palms Hotel

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
808 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Palms Hotel

Thinking for going to this hotel for 3 weeks in January, taking in a safari whilst there. Could someone tell me if there are any shops nearby within walking distance to buy water at. We are going half board. Also, is there anywhere we can go for a walk, safely, by ourselves in the evening? Thanks. Haven't been back to Kenya since honeymoon 33 years ago, so will certainly notice the difference!

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Palms Hotel

Hi,

if you cross the road you will find the Diani Palm Hotel. They are having a nice bar.

Some meters on the beach direction south - you will find the Wonder Paradise - they are also having a beach restaurant and bar with cheap drinks and snacks. But this one i would only do during the day.

It will be no problem to take a taxi in the evening to go out for some drinks or a dinner. But in walking distance, there is only the Diani Palm Hotel.

Some minutes walk - which is no problem during day - you can go to a nearby supermarket.

We stayed in the Southern Palms in january 2008 and had HB. We had a lot of drinks and i can tell you - it was a much more better option for us than taking AI.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Bye

Chrissy

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
808 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Palms Hotel

Thank you for your quick reply. Somehow I thought that it would not be possible to go for walks in the evening. It was the same in Sri Lanka. Still, I think I can manage! At least we can walk during the day.

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Palms Hotel

Hi,

it is no problem. You can go out in the evening with a taxi or some restaurants are offering free transport. The only one thing - not by walking alone.

I am sure you will have a great time again.

Bye

Chrissy

4. Re: Southern Palms Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 07:27