We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

Which Diani Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

Hi

We are due to arrive at the diani reef hotel and spa on the morning of the 15th June 2010. It is my husbands 30th birthday the next day on the 16th June.

As I will not have much time to organise anything when I get there I was thinking of organising it before hand by emailing the hotel but I was hoping someone maybe able to advise me on the best restaurant to book?! or any other advise would be grately appreciated.

Kindest Regards

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

Hi Dawna26 - we personally find that Ali Barbours is a great restaurant and would be a wonderful surprise for your husband. I know that a lot of hotels and lodges give a cake free to the birthday person and in fact we were there once when someone had a birthday and they came to the table with a birthday cake. The Kenyan waiters come out in a surprising way - I won't spoil this for you.

Kind Regards Malaika

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

Naked ???????????

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

Hi

you are worrying me a bit now!? anyway you can tell me its not my birthday!!............I was thinking of just one of the restaurants to choose from in the hotel as we go on safari early next morning.............which one has the nicest setting?

Thanks for your help

dawna

montgomery, wales
Level Contributor
488 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

We have just returned from the most wonderful time at Asha Cottages, which is right next door to Water Lovers, and 100metres from Ali Barbours...... they only have 5 rooms, the setting is beautiful and the food is, I would say, the best you can eat in the entire Diani area.... you can book for an evening meal, 3 courses cost 1,500 shillings and they have a excellent choice of south african wines..... just tell them, that is John and Dominique, that you are celebrating a special evening and you will be well spoiled ... say Tiggy has recomended you!! Seriously, I have stayed in many places but Asha was something very special.

Have fun!!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

HI Dawna

I notice you are looking for a restaurant within your hotel. There is The Coral Rock cafe -buffet and A La Carte. The Sake Pan Asian Restaurant or Fins which we went to try out one evening. I f you like seafood and it is your husban's birthday then I would suggest this as you have a candelight dinner on the beach. If you are not keen on sea fish then continental can be served. I didn't realise you were going safari the next day which will be an early start.

Kind Regards Malaika

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

Thank you for that we love sea food so sounds like the ideal place and will definately try all others recommended

dawna

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

Hi Dawna

Just mention to the hotel that it is your husband's birthday and they will do a birthday cake free and no horrible surprises either!!!!!! Just don't tell him. Ask the reception or guest relations manageress. Have a wonderful time and great safari.

Kind regards Malaika

PS The hotels love to do the table specially for a birthday so pack a few balloons a banner and birthday confetti for the table if you have room and a few party poppers.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

will do malaika thanks for that.

Dawna

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

hi dawn i,ve had 2 birthdays at our hotel and the waiters and chiefs come out and sing happy birth day as they walk round the dinning room then ended up at our table with a lovely cake and my wife had brought a bottle of champers so really good, i,m sure most hotels do the same. as you,e got a early start the next day i would say the same ali barbours.

have a great time and birthday

10. Re: birthday celebration at diani reef beach hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:17