We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos in june?

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
mosquitos in june?

Hi

I dont usually bother with mosquito creams etc, I've been previously cuba, mexico, maldives, egypt and canarys before and have never been bitten once. Is kenya any worse for mosquitos?

any info would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

dawn

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquitos in june?

HI Dawna26 - Where are you staying - the north or south coast - I haven't been that time of year therefore I suspect one of the resident experts will answer this for you. Have a great time anyway.

Kind regards Malaika

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitos in june?

You will need some sort of Mosquito repelant and Anti malarials ....

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitos in june?

North coast, South coast, anywhere on safari, you need to take antimalarials ! don't take the risk of NOT taking them

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mosquitos in june?

As smudger says, it's essential to keep taking the tablets, even if you don't encounter any mosquitos at all (that you're aware of). In fact, since the early 90s, there's definitely been a decline in the mosquito problem on the Kenya coast. So I'd say absolutely no worse than anywhere else.

Richard

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mosquitos in june?

Hi

Thank you for your feed back, staying at diani reef beach resort and spa.

Kindest regards

6. Re: mosquitos in june?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 05:18