We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

firstchoice ndogo safari

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
firstchoice ndogo safari

Hi

I've just booked the ndogo safari with firstchoice 3night 4days to tsavo east and west.

anyone with any more info ot tips would be much appreciated first choice's info isnt in depth!!

Kindest Regards

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Do you know your itinerary dawna26? What lodges you are staying at etc.

Normally First Choice give the details in their brochure.

Kind Regards Malaika

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Standard or Superior?

Cambridgeshire
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

We're doing this safari in August and would also love to know a bit more about it. We're doing the Superior one.

Thanks.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Hi

Yes firstchoice have told me the lodges, we are superior.......sorry not got brochure handy.....when I can get it I'll reply again.

Many Thanks,

dawna

pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Hi

I'm doing the same safari, i have the details here

Day 1: Tsavo east national park staying night at Voi Safari Lodge (standard) Aruba Lodge (Superiour)

Day 2:Tsavo West game drive am and pm and visit Mzima springs staying at Nguila Safari Lodge (standard) Kilanguni Serena Lodge (Superior)

Day 3:Taita Hills Wildlife sactuary. Tiata Hills lodge for lunch followed by game drive staying at Sarova Taita Hills (Standard) Salt Lick lodge (Superior)

I'm going standard...im not a fussy type and had a reasonable deal i felt for it..Any useful info would be welcome!

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Thel link below should help it has some photos and reviews for all the lodges both standard and superior.

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i1700-Kenyan_…

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Thank you bruce 596 that link was really helpful.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Any tips on what to/not to take on safari?............I read somewhere to take a cushion for the journey? cant really believe you would do this!!......any info much appreciated.

Dawna

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Hi Dawna - it is possibly for elderly people as the roads are quite bumpy but I always find the seats comfy in the van and the cushion would probably just slip right off!!!!

I normally pack kaki shorts, blouse and jumper and safari jacket for the early morning safaris and have a good pair of sioux safari shoes which are soft and lace up with air holes in them. Normally I change into cotton shorts and a strappy top for during the day and a safari hat is essential. I bought one here which has a repellent for keeping the mossies away. My husband just wears kaki shorts with a T shirt and jumper for the morning and takes the jumper off during the day and I always take a jumper for coming home in the evening. I normally take a bag for tissues , wipes and a toilet rolll in as well just in case the toilets you stop at don't have one or are all used up!!!! We like others always tip the driver at the end of the safari but my husband likes to pay as he goes at the lodge or camp if only staying for one night. When we go to the Mara for the week we do put items on the bill and if I am shopping in the shop there is the chip and pin method to use. My husband always has change for the porters who will take your luggage to your room and when leaving. In the evening it is really up to each person what they choose - I personally like to wear a dress but everyone has there own ideas - depends what kind of lodge you are going to. Have a great time. Also give the waiters a small tip.

Kind regards

Malaika

wiltshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: firstchoice ndogo safari

Thanks for that malaika really helpful.

For the type of safari we are going on with first choice what vehicle will we be traveling in?........after booking! And now doing more research I'm feeling that we maybe should have booked with JT safaris!! As first time to kenya felt a bit more safer going with travel company though.

Any info much appreciated

dawna