We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

Hi everyone! Only 16 more sleeps and we're going to the Diani Reef Resort! Yayy! Have been to Travellers before, and used Geoffrey from Mombasa North Tours for the safari, but now trying Diani Beach and wonder if anyone knows a company as good (and good value) as the North one? I've heard you shouldn't necessarily book the hotel one, as it could be much more expensive? Thank you so much all you lovely experts for your help!

Can't wait.. so excited! :)

Oranje Safari
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Multi-day Tours
Tanke Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
Diani Travel and Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

Bump

Can anyone help?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,959 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

If nobody suggests a South Coast outfit then why not still use Geoffrey? Mombasa North are agents, not operators so I am sure whoever they book you with will pick you up from Diani if you are going by road or if your flying the only difference would be the transfer to the airport and back

Scotland
Level Contributor
390 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

We used F king safaris in June. He is based in the North but will arrange safaris from the South Coast(we were staying at Southern Palms which is just along the road from Diani Reef). Our Tsavo East West safari was great and competitively priced. His website is :-

http://www.fkingssafaris.com

JT Safaris have an office in the nearby shopping centre as do Beach Air Tours.

Hope this helps.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

That's a really good idea! Sadly my PC died just the other week, and I've lost all my email addresses and contact details! Bloomin typical!! Don't suppose anyone has the contact details for Geoffrey Baya do they?

Thank you for the information about F.King tours, I have had a look at their website. They look very comprehensive, but I thought, rather pricey - have safari's gone up so much in the last three years?

Thank you everyone for your kind assistance!

(15 more sleeps yayyy)

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

OF course if I had bothered to read my own posts from 2007, I would have found Geoffrey's email addy amongst them.. just found it!

However, if anyone does have any other recommendations for a company in the South area then I'd be delighted.

All the best and many thanks xx

leics
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

We were really pleased with Ekea (http://www.ekeasafaris.com/safaritours) in Diani.

Also DM tours (in shopping centre) are highly recommended (we did a decent day trip to Shimba Hills (in the pouring rain) with them last October.

Other folk in our hotel booked with WT on the beach and were perfectly happy.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 17:28
Hornchurch, Essex
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

Hi

We used Julius of JT safaris in Feb this year and can not recommend them highly enough. We arranged everything by email from the UK. We met with Julius when we were out there, (this does not take up too much time as he sends a driver to collect you) paid him a small deposit before the safari and then the balance on our return.

His email address is jtsafaris@yahoo.com

Whoever you choose, have a great time - I'm green with envy!

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

Hi,

we are always using Doc and KABS - just returned from a 2 weeks holiday with another great safari with 2 nights Lake Nakuru and 4 nights Mara - report will follow, but actually i am too buisy (Have been lucky to go to Kenya for a 2nd time this year).

Will be back in january/february 2011 again and also will use them like the past years.

It is a small but very good company with great staff and excellent service. They are based in the Bazaar Shopping Center at the Diani Beach. From our experiences over the past years we can highly recommand them.

If you have any questions or need infos, please feel free to ask.

Bye

Chrissy

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

Well why not try Ferdinand Mwangwa of Beach Air tours and Safaris at the Barclays Centre or Ben Ngui of Gichmack safaris just down the road from Ferdinand.

Vistorr 53 why not give it a rest.

Edited: 23 September 2010, 10:33
Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Value Safari Diani Beach Please?

Anne - Visitor 53 they only asked a question, what is wrong with that may I ask?

Did you have a nice time at the Southern Palms this time, you must be back then, as you normally go for 3 weeks.

Edited: 23 September 2010, 11:06
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach