We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Governers Camp, Masai Mara, Cost please...?

Ashford, Kent
Level Contributor
74 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Governers Camp, Masai Mara, Cost please...?

Hello all,

Just recently booked to return to Kenya in February 2012. Can't wait to return, and again, we'll be staying at the Diani Reef resort for two weeks.

The last time we were in Kenya was October 2006 and we did a safari to Tsavo East, staying at Finch Hattons, which was great, but we didn't get to see the cats, which was a bit of a let down.

For our next visit we would like to visit the Governors camp for two nights/three days and wanted either the Little Governors or I'l Moran. We intend to book the safari whilst in kenya and just wanted to know how much per person it would cost to stay at the above mentioned camps...?

I appreciate, it's a quite a long time till we go but any information regarding cost would be gratefully received and would give me a good indicator of how much I need to save each month between now and February.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Governers Camp, Masai Mara, Cost please...?

Expect to pay about £650-£700 per person for 2 nights 3 days which includes food, accommodation, game drives and flights from the coast. That price is for main governers

Ashford, Kent
Level Contributor
74 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Governers Camp, Masai Mara, Cost please...?

Thanks for the information and your quick reply, Bruce.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,653 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Governers Camp, Masai Mara, Cost please...?

Why not just contact Governor's direct thru their website for the 2012 rates (if they're even available yet).

They have 3 camps, with Main the largest (40/tents) the least expensive; Little (17/tents) next step up in price; Il Moran (9/tents) the most expensive.

Governor's should also be able to arrange your flights to/from the coast.

Ashford, Kent
Level Contributor
74 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Governers Camp, Masai Mara, Cost please...?

I've had a look at the Governors camp website and basically it's coming out at $492 USD per person per night (mid season) for the Il Moran camp. That works out at around just over £300 per person per night but as far as I understand that doesn't include flights or park passes, I could be mistaken though...?

That said, it gives me a rough idea of what I should expect to pay.

Thanks for all your help.

5. Re: Governers Camp, Masai Mara, Cost please...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:15