We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with mini bus

Hamble, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Help with mini bus

I am taking a group of 10 members of my family to Southern Palms over Easter to help celebrate my 60th birthday and would like to hire a mini bus for a few days out and wondered if anyone could give me a good contact.

Paul

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with mini bus

Paul, I tried to get a 10-seater in 2005. No joy, the biggest vehicles I could find were driver+8. Quite frustrating.

Good luck with your quest - let us know how you get on.

Richard

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
798 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with mini bus

Maybe someone like Polmans would be able to help?

Edited: 15 February 2012, 20:24
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with mini bus

Hi - would that be from NBI to Diani ? Have a look @ Rasul's.

http://www.rasuls.com/

They have Nissan Minibus.

Hamble, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with mini bus

Thanks for that info but is only for local trips around Diani ie Mombassa,Shimba Hills and Shimoni.

I suppose if we are unable to find one it will be 2 taxis.

Paul

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with mini bus

Try Glory Hire in MBA

glorykenya.com/en/…rental-car-classes.html

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,726 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with mini bus

hi pdjlk,

If all else fails ask around at your hotel when you get there if they know anyone who will rent you a matatu (the local 14 seater minibuses) and driver. There are thousands of them around and that is what the locals rent when they want a family / church outing, etc. They are often owned by individuals rather than companies, there are quite a few private ones but people also rent out the ones normally used by the public.

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with mini bus

If you are 10 pax 1 x Mini bus and 1 small car, can take you everywhere arround.

or 2 x minibus or 1 x 18 Seater.... if you want to be togther in one vehicle

send pm

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with mini bus

there are buses parked behind maharaja restaurant in bamburi, i am not sure if they have anything to do with indiana hotel, they might be polman, but i am not sure,

alternatively, in diani, mini buses (nissans with open top) for taxis or tours found waiting inside leopard beach resort , they are independent and not attached to hotel,

shimba hills and wasini dolphins are one of the most popular trips from mba, some will always expect some sea discomforts for a while during sea trip,

its possible to hire transport for the day to/fro shimba hills (5k-6k each nissan), and pay your own tourist fees ($20) at shimba gate,

also, its possible to hire transport (5k-6k each nissan) for the day to/fro shimoni village (1hr drive), and pay your own tourist fees at shimoni tourist office ($20 each) and then hire small or big dhow (down at the harbour) with at least 4 crews (about 9k-18k), if you feel ok about it, (maybe they dont allow private hire anymore so i am not sure), otherwise break a deal with tour operators (about 5k each or less),

with wasini trips sometimes 4 dhows depart at the same time and sometimes just the 1, two sizes of dhows, medium (maybe 20 max) or large (maybe 40 max), lobsters are optional on wasini trip (euro 10 each) , wasini are one of the best trips always,

mombasa day trips such as bamburi beach, fort jesus, likoni ferry & light house, water bikes around bamburi beach (5min about 2.5k or more), camel rides (from 200),

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with mini bus

The buses behind Maharaja belong to Kuldip Tours.

10. Re: Help with mini bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach